Think I'll be switching to Verizon DSL *supernerds inquire within*

I swear man, pleeeeeeease blow some more smoke up my ass about how my connection is within specs, or “modem is talking just fine”, etc.

:bloated: Stats speak for themselves:

I think I’m going to end up going with verizon dsl, too bad they don’t offer a “naked” connection yet…

Seriously I think I laughed when the guy on the phone told me it was “fine”. Uhhhh what the fuck is “fine”? It’s a CABLE connection, not DIAL-UP!!

Supernerds: What would cause this? Change in bandwidth cap?

3/2/05
dell2300 / rocket broadband / 65.123.XXX.XXX

:::… Download Stats …:::
Connection is:: 404 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps
Download Speed is:: 68 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (server1)
Test Time:: Wed Mar 2 16:08:07 EDT 2005

:::… Upload Stats …:::
Connection is:: 102 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps
Upload Speed is:: 15 kB/s
Test Time:: Wed Mar 2 16:09:59 EDT 2005

7/27/05
dell2300 / rocket broadband / 65.123.XXX.XXX

Connection is:: 84 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps
Download Speed is:: 10 kB/s
Test Time:: Wed Jul 27 14:35:39 EDT 2005

:::… Upload Stats …:::
Connection is:: 81 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps
Upload Speed is:: 10 kB/s
Test Time:: Wed Jul 27 14:37:58 EDT 2005

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]I mean really, it was just barely adequate originally, now it’s just retarded. [/font]:retard:[/size][/font]

MY DSL MODEM AND Self installation kit should be here today…cant wait to get internet back at home

how long did you have to wait for delivery?? just incase i stuff this moto surfboard up the tech’s ass on his way out…

about a week…once the order was finalized…i think i ordered it all 1 week from today actually…

did you order online or call?

whos ur isp?

rocket???

and the surfboard modem is one of the best modems out there, so u either have a bad modem, ur network connections or settings are incorrect, or the ISP just sucks ass.

I had to call because their system was down and i couldnt do it on the net…but they still gave me the 19.99 for 4 months

yeah rocketbroadband, they are a local company with a monopoly over my neighborhood as far as cable internet. do you think the connection is being limited on their side? like they are playing games with me?

example: when i first got this connection i tested all the unsecured connections that i could pick up in my place. one of the other connections was rocket and their rate was only 35kbps, while mine was 70. am i to assume that they fuck with people’s shit on purpose.

btw there is no “threshold” agreement, like you are limited after XX amount of data is transferred in XX amount of time.

why would the connection go from a .4mb to .1mb without any interaction, I mean only they can change that right?

well yes they can change ur cap at any time, all it is, is a config file that gets sent to the modem when it restarts. that would really suck ass that they would cap u that much tho, i mean thats not even DSL speed. If they fuck with ur cap that often id def goto DSL, thats not right. It probably isnt that tho, are u running a router?, is ur NIC at a full 100mbit?

lots of things it can be to slow ur speed down, it also could be network congestion, depending how many ppl they squeezed on your node.

roardrunner > your mom

3-5 megs down 1 meg up

yeah i’m using a dell wireless 2300 b/g router. i haven’t changed a thing about it since the original 70kbps reading. i get the same speed even if i cat5 to it. come to think of it, that’s probably why i can’t even get a shoutcast radio station to work on my xbox. :gay2:

honestly if this uber-cool-tech ever fucking calls me back – and actually comes over to look at it, and nothing changes – he will be pulling this modem out of his ass…

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

atually uncapped powerlink >roadrunner :slight_smile:

hmm, wireless might be the issue there, id call them and get a lever 3 tech on the phone, they are usually higher up on the monkey level

dude i think they might have like 3 employees. i’m pretty sure i’ve talked to all of them at some point. like i said, even through a cat5 cable same result though. fucking 10 kilobytes? it was 15 yesterday.

FUCKING 10 KILOBYTES!! I SHIT AND 10 KILOBYTES FALLS OUT!! (or at least that will most likely be what i say as a push this fag out my door… lol)

try ditching the router first, just connect without it and see if that speeds it up, if it doesnt then the router is the issue.

EDIT:did u try without the router? i cant tell if u did or not

not yet, i will when i get home though – i’ll update you a little later…

ok, try that, see if it speeds things up.

might be a router config issue or something.

nah same deal. even did a hard restart on the modem for good measure. forking gay.

7/27/05 – direct patch to modem (no router)

Connection is:: 91 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps
Download Speed is:: 11 kB/s
Test Time:: Wed Jul 27 18:12:35 EDT 2005

no fone line = no dsl. I cant wait for DSL where you dont need an active fone #

holy crap … i’m moving to an apartment in clarence that uses rocket… i’ll die.

Rocket Broadband Ultra Internet (3MB or higher connection) $49.95