NEVER PLAY WITH FIRE

Oxygen and acetylene in a plastic bag + a sparkler = THE BIGGEST BOOM I HAVE EVER HEARD.

Omg. My buddy did this in the garage, with the sparkler on a 6 foot pole. My ears were ringing for so long, and damn was that intense.

nice way to blow yourself up lol…

plastic bag is a no no because of static.

oh, shit. Dude, good call Ill remeber that. I was honestly carrying one with us in the car for a good 15 minutes. Shit, that couldve sucked.

lol … dumb ass … thats a great way to get killed … ive seen ow far it can launch even a small cofee can or a paper cup …

YES, HRK, we are planning on doing a garbage can tonight. Sealing the top of the can, then drilling 2 holes and pumping it full. Maybe light it with a really fucking long fuse?

Enjoy the shrapnal stuck in your FACE.

Bad idea in general.

nice to have goals in life

So no imput on how to get a garbage can to fly a hundred feet in the air?

put the garbage can top don in the dirt, shove it down a little to seal it , drill one small hole and fill it with acet.

hire the idiot kid next door to light it with a match, preferably tell him to sit on top of it so he gets launched into orbit too

:slight_smile:

honestly, best way to light it is a quick trip to niagara hobby, buy a pack of model rocket ignitors, and use a pair of 50 foot extension cords as the “leads” to the battery you use to ignite it

start small with the amount of acet. and work your way up, to much will rip the garbage can apart

^ drop it off a really tall building? 101+ feet? :gotme:

HRK! OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOIUT ROCKET IGNITORS! Thanks man! Might be the method I go with. I have a couple rocket controllers, so should be simple.

i true pyro would NEVER forget about rocket ignitors :stuck_out_tongue:

if rocket ingitors arent available, you can always just use a piece of thin gauge wire looped from one prong to the other on the end of the extension cord and a 12V car battery on the other end of the extension cord to force the wire to burn up …

Precisely why my undergrad is going to be in chemistry. We have all the fun.:snky:

just fill a baloon up with hydrogen use a tiki torch to light

pure hydrogen is actually safer than an oxygen-hydrogen mixture.

Acetalyne is fun, i made a cannon that used it, fired tennis balls like 2 miles

god damnit this thread makes me want to get back in the lab :frowning:

If Someones blowing shit up, I wanna be there to see it!

which is why i didn’t tell everyone that lol

to be on the safer side use hydrogen and nitrous oxide