new ar-15

LOL :spank:

I wouldn’t say you’re not an expert, but stupid.

The stock is most likely pinned, and the magazine being 30 rounds or not has nothing to do with the “assault rifle” designation.

Fortunately for Mike he has his FFL, so he can basically have whatever he likes, anyway.

Yep, it’s a pinned stock, and my two allowable things are removable magazine and pistol grip. However, as Phil said, I also run a firearms business and have my dealers and manufacturers FFL, so I’m pretty much in the clear :smiley: The 30 round and 40 round magazines that I have are all preban.

I do have two preban lowers also though :slight_smile:

Yup…down here in Atlanta I can’t even find 9mm ammo with paying a hefty price. Reloads are selling for $20 a box. For a box of 20 rounds of HP+ for defense its as high as $40.

Techno, are you willing to sell that gun?

yeah, I am stupid because I didn’t know it was pinned and he has an FFL…

You must be genius.

Maybe a year or two ago.

The prices now are so inflated due to fear, it sucks.

If you’re patient you can get them in that range. I recently missed one on a different forum that sold for $750 with many clips and ammo. What a steal. It was snagged VERY promptly.

Techno…what does an FFL dealer charge to take in a gun from something like gunbroker.com? Thanks

http://www.jacksongunsandammo.com/

they charge $25

Quick question for my gun nut friends. :wink:
Would an Olympic lower that’s marked LEO only be considered preban here in NY?
I get conflicting answers on this issue elsewhere. And I guess would it matter if the owner wasn’t a LEO/military?

Thanks

1st no it would not be considered pre ban.

2nd yes it matters if the owner is leo or not.

3rd unless you are leo don’t buy it.

Yes, $1400, no magazines :slight_smile:

I am mike’s business partner, we charge $25 for a transfer the office is in Webster NY.

What if a friend of mine has a couple pistols that aren’t registered in NYS? He has a pistol permit, but can’t register the guns because they weren’t transferred here legally.
Is this the same thing?

not sure, we do not deal in pistols at this time.

4th, your wrong.

The lower reciever being marked MIL/LEO only was a AWB era thing. I have a lower that is marked “US Property” it was rollmarked by Rock River, for me, and was never a government weapon. Roll marks mean NOTHING. What matters is if that paticular weapon has installed a component on the banned list.

It has a detachable magazine and a pistol grip. If it has any other evil features, then its an AW. If it does not have an other evil features, then anyone can own that weapon, regardless of the rollmarks on the lower reciever.

All that rollmarking means is that its a ban era weapon. Its configuration is all that matters.

I guess I’m right since reading comprehension > you.

I was pointing out that you were dead wrong that a 30 round magazine has anything to do with the AWB compliance of a firearm.

I’m considering buying one of these from gunbroker what would i need to do to have you guys do the transfer?

I need to get on the modern weapon bandwagon these are sweet

So far i have mostly WWI & WWII vintage stuff:

M-1 Garand (1942)
1903 Springfield (1916)
1903A3 Springfield (1943)
K98 Mauser (1940)
1896 Krag carbine (1897)
P08 Luger (1942)

NYS still has an AWB.

to keep everyone’s life easier I recommend not buying anything marked leo or mil.