New best 9.55@142.7 and more carnage

First pass off trailer, car leaves the hole dead, wheels did not even leave ground but not spinning, suddenly pulls like a train in second and third…
9.55@ 142.7…
Second pass, release transbrake car even more dead, pull second and tach to the limiter!!! Think I took out the spline shaft again!! Only have reverse, guess thats what happened on the first pass…
Ohh well, would have been 40’s or maybe better… WTF!!!
My luck at MIR is horrible!
Drove 5 hrs each way to break in the first 1/2hr there and did not even get a clean pass, or have I ever at that track…

History of my luck at MIR:
2 yrs ago drove the 87 5.5hrs to race there, first pass car picks up a huge slip on the 1-2 shift, and still matched best time ever N/A of 10.87 with a bad 1-2 slip…
Next year take the 94 out and pick up a 4th gear miss trapping 3 mph less than usual and still beating best ever by a .05! Both years beat best ever 60ft times… So not sure what will hold me back this year, but we will see…
Forgot to mention, on the way home trailering the 94, lose OD in my dodges trans…

WTF is it with me at MIR???
I always beat best even with troubles, but never get a clean pass…
Well that was the last time the 82 will see the track under my command, will start teardown tomorrow… Not sure if parting out or selling as a roller.

Engine/trans will be finding way into the new chassied vega, hoping for 8.9s

congrats and sorry to hear.

congrats & that sucks

Ditto.

hopefully the vega will bring better luck. keep us posted though. should fly wiht that big block in there

good luck on the setup

still one fast mutha sucka . Even if it is ****tin the bed!!!