New best for the RICER - 11.1 at 131 mph

http://www.maxpowered.com/images/VR6Mk3/D70_Images/06_18_2006_Mitsu_Subaru_Shootout/images/DSC_1024.jpg

At the DSM shootout today the evo went 11.1 at 131 mph with a launch that can only be described as a burnout and a clutch that slips going into every gear and at the top of 3rd and 4th gears. Once again congrats to Emery and Shawna on their new best. With a second chance at a launch and a clutch that could hold this would have been the day for a 10 second pass but it wasn’t in the cards.

After that pass the clutch wouldn’t hold a single gear pull even after hours of cool down time, but luckily for we were able to get it into gears to drive it home after it had cooled.

This is still on the 100% stock bottom end and at full weight. I expect big things from this car next year. After this engine gets forged internals and some real cams and perhaps some weight reduction for the chassis I think we can knock a full second off this time. Curt Brown gave us something to shoot for as he destroyed the track with 9 second passes on the 35R all day.

Shawna got a video of this pass so hopefully it turns out well and you can hear the rolling burnout all through first gear. :biglol:

-Mike

Nothing can hold the beast!

That is simply badass :tup: Congrats on the nice ET and trap :tup:

What tires do they run?

awesome results!! This car continues to impress as time goes on :smiley:

Between knowing the clutch was barely holding and worrying about the release bearing clip breaking again Emery was wisely shifting a bit gingerly. I expect a big drop in ET once he knows he can drive the car for all it’s worth without the clutch crapping out.

Toyo Proxes T1R street tires on Rota 18’s. Not exactly optimal for drag racing, but this car wins car shows too.

awesome results! congrats on the new best time :tup:

wow

way to go lady and gents

NICE.

:tup:

Congrats Guys :tup: Nice trap speed :eek:

:tup: mike you are an awesome tuner…i mean fantastic actually. you do awesome work

:tup: to emery and shawna once again for a sick street car

Aucking Fwesome! :tup:

best advertisment u can give. Good Job!

i was hoping to see you at the bbq. i have something for you!

nice job, btw.

:bsflag: Not a true ricer!! Where are the altezzas?!!

:tup: Awesome!

thats awsome

Slicks are prettier than street tires… :stuck_out_tongue:

:tup: Bad ass evo!