new bike ideas for KK

Ducati is 99% sold. Money isn’t in hand but its going to a personal friend I have known for a long time.

So, whats next for KK?

For some reason I am thinking of finding a down’d 2004-2005 CRB1000RR and building a drag/show bike out of it. Then of course riding it till its sold. I really want to get into running it at lvd for fun.

-Extend the swingarm +4" or so. The 04-05 and early 06 are simple rectangle tube swingarms, 06.5+ are big molded looking ones. I can easily chop the early style and extend it myself.

-Lowering link 2-3" lower for the rear.

-Lower front. Up in the triples an inch and a strap for the track, or do it right and get Trac Dynamics cartridges for 2" drop.

Probably wont even pipe it for a while or mess with the motor at all. Its more bike than I can ever use dead stock power wise. I will probably just coat the can to match the bike and thats it.

I will end up painting it something crazy and coating alot of it too.

Any ideas? I am all ears.

buy a st legal motard, turbo it and then ill buy it when your done.

also, i messaged you on fb bout the eclipse :slight_smile:

daytona 675 or street tripple. i’m never going back to jap bikes

I havent had time to check FB since last fri! ill check as soon as i can at work here.

I would love a Hyper Motard. A turbo KTM 650 would be sick too! :slight_smile:

Jake how about the KTM RC8 :slight_smile: I would love one of them too.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/mcy/3439529042.html

the RC8 is dirty, finding one is the hard part, and i think they’re about 20k too

Just get old like me and buy a Harley LOL.

But seriously if you want to do a drag bike, I would say stay away from Jap bikes, at LVD they are too overdone, I would love to see someone show up with something different and turn some heads for a change, and a RC8 would be sweet, or if you could find RSV4! And if you go the Jap route lower and stretch a RC51.

Just my $0.02.

build a chopper.

custom sport bikes are lame

Well he said he wants to drag race it, choppers are definitely not a good idea if going that route!

first and foremost its going to have to be marketable, because I plan on selling it as fast as I can when its done.

its not so much what you want its the consumer! lol

I thought stretched jap becasue they are all the rage it seems and i figured it would be easy to sell.

that CR500 has to be NUTTY on the street! lol

what ever happened with the nick hayden edition?

couldnt find plastics to fix it. And there is no way to duplicate it with paint. they are decals under the clear… that of which I couldnt find (decals) either.

Swapping out for regular plastics would be a sin IMO for that bike.

well if u buy a motard with electric start ill commit to it before you even buy it depending on which one, i love my yz450f on the street but it is a pain in the fucking balls to start that thing… i am sick of kick start.

Buy my buell

ill keep an eye out for something Dave.

whats the buell all about?

I’ll pm you

Dont run cut forks on the street

The 04-05 CBR1kRR was heavy and lacked power. The 04-05 ZX10R was a much better bike, as was the 05-06 GSXR1k.

If I was going to build a stretched bike from that era it would be the ZX10R. Too many stretched gixxers in the world, but the gixxer would be easier to find parts for. Maybe a turbo kit in the future?

Stretched litre bikes are a lot of fun imo.

i say honda rc51 or fireblade. get a sp2 rc51 if you can.

get a set of wheels and tires. it will hook alot better. the more slick the better

air shifter or solenoid shifter

lower the seating position as low as you can

maybe throw in a gear in front or back or both

extend it but not much. i would say 3-4" max. but it depends on your stock wheelbase or bike you choose. i would rather have a wheelie bar that i could remove if bike was street/strip. extended bikes cant turn worth sh!t. if you have a removable wheelie bar it would work both ways.

rear suspension. needs drag setup

if you want a ganster stretch bike with underglow its alot different than a drag bike. so please build drag bike. too many ricer motorbikes imo.