New BMW M2C

you shortened the vid too much i think :slight_smile:

Yeah, I just wanted to post it quickly though. The anticipation of something happening builds quite nicely, lol.

yeah in your shortened vid the screen buttons obscure it and also you don’t get a sense of how these deer were completely invisible until i was maybe 100ft away at 120kph.

1 Like

i count like 13 fish tails or so.

a nice piece of driving but the car did most of it i think.

1 Like

I love how that truck gave you absolutely no space, he was routing for you.

1 Like

I race with a guy that has an M2. That car is a beast of a car. Not sure if his is a competition coupe though. It probably is.

Massive difference between the normal m2 (n55 powered) vs the m2c which is s55 powered.

it warms my heart to know they still see value in the n54/n55 platform to keep it going all this time. miss mine. so people get the same sort of power out of s55s?

You can make some serious jam on a s55 once you replace the crank hub with a solid unit from VTT. I’ve done a few of them on the side for people. Lots of work but still cheaper than a new block from bmw.

just got back from a rip in the M2C.

i am likely going to hold off any any upgrades for now. Even the Dinan stuff. If there was a warranty-approved flash tune i could get at the dealer then sure but as it is i’m actually content with the power and the sound. I just drive it in M-mode with the traction-aids on but the exhuast open most times.

I’ve read about the crank hub thingy but since i’m not really going to mess with anything i wont be looking at that any time soon.

also likely not going to mess with the suspension either.

might do the light weight front lip from EAS and some carbon side skirts but even then it doesnt really get me excited.

car feels good, it has nokians on it right now too.

It seems to be getting along with the M3 now too. they were having a bit of a sibling-rivalry early on with the M3 acting up all the time but they seem to have found their stride with one another :slight_smile:

You can use a BM3 flash to the car and flash back and re lock the dme. That how a friend of mine got his engine covered when he slipped the stock hub with a FBO m4 on 30% E mix. The hub slip can happen to a stock engine to. Most of the time is on a dct car with the 3-2 downshift.

so i’ve heard. all the more reason to just keep it stock and let the 5 year warranty be the back stop. especially wtih another M car sharing DD duty.

You can see if a Carbahn is available from your BMW dealer. At least here in the States you can purchase a warranty with the tune.