Burnyd's 91 toyota Mr2 turbo.

Let me start out by saying I have always wanted one of these since I was a kid. FInding out that hybrid had one for sale for pretty cheep. I became really interested. For those who do not know me , before this car I had a Celica with the mr2 motor(3sgte/Mr2 trans E153 in it) Sold the celica to buy a mr2 turbo.

This car started off NA. The original owner took it to hybrid to get the motor swapped. The clip he provided was incomplete without the wiring harness. The harness had to be sourced. Long story made short the car sat there for a long time. When the swap was finished the owner couldnt pay to get the car out of there. I picked up the car for what he owed. I got a pretty good deal on it Considering these usually go for alot of money.

Nice thing is the car came with t-tops. The car also has a fujitso exhaust. It was on the clip it was swapped from.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/burnyd/Mr2%20pics/005_5.jpg

Car definately needs a new paintjob… Its been sitting for so long all the clear coat is pretty much off of the car. Not a big deal Im hoping to repaint it red. Not the crimson red but Its still in the making… not sure…

Im really excited about this car. its nice when you have the car you always wanted you get to build it up and do what you want with it. I want this to be a Car I can drive around on the weekends and take it to the track when I want. Mr2s are very rare. I dont know when the last time I seen a mr2 turbo.

Car goes to 1st-try sometime next week to get a downpipe made.

Also the mr2 wil go to salem tommorrow for the hashootout… See what it should run.

Parts I have here waiting to go on the car…

Cross drilled / slotted rotors
RFL BOV
Fuel cut defender
Manual boost controller
Boost gauge
Turbo timer
Clear corners
Toms roof scoop

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/burnyd/s5030058.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/burnyd/s5030060.jpg

nice man always wanted one keep the updates flowin.

another pos that will break… best of luck with it but if it breaks hurry up and sell it

sweet, an oversized del sol

actually a neat car. hoefully this one goes better than celica.

:asshole Gtfo…

looks good man, I wish you luck with this one, because I’ll be damned if that celica wasn’t a piece

cool car dan, best of luck on your dream car

cool

can you fit in it??

exactly what i was thinking!

Def a nice car. I see a white one with a kit go by my work all the time.

:rofl:

there actually quite roomy…

ok So I went to the track in salem today. My best was a 14.7 @ 89mph… my 60ft was 2.4… o I definately need to learn how to launch this car. This was also on stock boost and a stock suspension.Pics will come tommorrow… but well see what happens wed night @ prp with the down pipe boosting from 7psi(stock) to 15psi which is max on the turbo. Taking the cat off of the turbo and replacing it with a downpipe is a biiiigggg difference.

I took the car to pinhead tonight to take a look at. Looks like I wont need a paint job after all. Maybe I can get it buffed out + waxed and see if the paint will come back.

whats with the girlie cars :stick:…i know i am too fat to fit in it

congrats

:bigok:

So…rare car…no
Needs paint job…yes
U fit in it…pics with a penny
Gonna last long…no
Dream car…unfortanitly yes
14.7 bad…no
Gona blow up…yes
Different car…yes
Wish u good luck…yes
Fit more than a large pizza in it with u as well…no

All in all not a bad car:x: and very “CUTE”:kekegay: ,but if it,s your thing then fuck the haters and role with it man,good luck and get it into the 13’s!

:rofl:

good luck with it!

I heard he was running a 14.3 in it.

Well I went and cut the car today and…

Before

After

Took my two hours by hand… Missed a few parts of the car… for the most part Im really happy it came out the way it did. Im going to pinhead tommorrow night most likely and having him buff it out to.