Want an MR2? (FS in NY)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=206471150&dealer_id=58198182&car_year=2002&num_records=25&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=10&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=300&make=&color=&min_price=3000&body_style=COUPE&body_style=SEDAN&drive=All+wheel+drive&default_sort=priceASC&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceASC&address=14219&advanced=y&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=6000&cardist=293

Just found that, listed as a Subaru WRX? Not sure why.
Looks really clean.

Wow, that’s a good price.

Definitely. Too bad the pics are taken at night.

There was a 91 or 93 turbo 5spd for sale in the b-lo newspaper a few weeks ago for $2700. red, 100k, body and engine excellent. I regret not going to check it out, it was only in the paper for a few days.

You should def. regret it…I met the guy today that bought it. 93 Turbo. AMAZING deal. 116K. $3200. A 93T is worth double that, minimum.

Dawn, why don’t you ge tthis one?

FUCK are you serious

dammit

Too many things that scare me about this.

The mistitled info is first.

Second is this line; “Has a cracked windshield due to a sheet of ice off a truck on the highway.”

So apparantly it was driven thru the winter.

Third is all the pictures taken at night where it is hard to see much of anything.

Worth checking out though.

True, but the mileage is right and for the price, it IS worth at least looking at.

his is the most biased and one-track-minded opinion you’ll ever get on an MR2…they’re all worth any cost in his eyes…wait for more opinions before you totally regret it…

history about me:

i’ve owned 1 evo

and 2 mr2s.

>_<

i am jaded when it comes to them… but i cant seem to lose my passion for them.

:bloated:

Yeah, wait for more OPINIONS, rather than someone that knows MR2’s inside and out. Good advice…

Heh, I was over mine this winter as it sat.

Then today I pt it on the road and drove it.

Ugh. Easily the most fun car I have ever driven. Even just cruisin’ around passively, it’s just fun to drive.

I don’t know much about mr2’s or I’d be all over this. It says it’s AWD, is this not true? (Assuming it’s not since someone is shocked it was driven in the winter.)

its mid-engined RWD.

mr2 are MR. mid engine, rear wheel drive

OH.
See, don’t know much about them.

word. they are awesome as hell. super fun, but they spin out so quickly, no matter how sticky the tires are. I don’t know one owner who hasnt spun out in a precarious situation at least once, haha.

although the engine is a pita to work on.

edit: the N/A are slow as hell, the turbos are still kinda slow, but have a great amount of torque.

edit2: they also are sensational on the track / auto-x

As Steve said, it’s MR.

What do you want to know about them? Send a PM if you’re really interested, I’ve had mine going on 6 years now, and I’ve had absolutely everything off and back on at least at some point in time. I can honestly say they’re among the best built cars I’ve ever seen/had.

I have spun mine out…

Twice.

Got lucky both times.

And Adam, not the N/A’s…and they’re almost as much fun…

Joe just likes them because the first gens were designed by Lotus. ( jk )