Want an MR2? (FS in NY)

yea… paul spun his out on the 190S i think :eek2:

and the prices have skyrocked for them over the last few years… you used to be able to get a 91 turbo in decent condition for 4-5k all day long… now they are running 6-8k

I spun the shit out of mine at the only autocross I’ve done in it.

I don’t drive it aggresively on the street for that reason. Hah.

They have amazing steering, but you need to be precise with the throttle and balance of the car. If you are off, you will pay dearly.

Dammitt! Joe does he happen to live in the Cheektowaga area? I just started seeing a red one driving around my neighborhood. I wanna cry right now.

It’s really just like any MR car. Up until ~ 9/10th’s, nothing handles better. But past that, you really have to deal with a lot of power on oversteer. Not uncommon, and it keeps you on your toes.

Edit: Superium, not sure were he lives, but he works at Saigon Cafe.

YOU use jaded way too much…but I hear ya on passions…i have a passion for a few cars that are just dumbb

+1. 3.5 years autocrossing a Fiero GT made me really love the MR setup. It’s more challenging at the limit, but more rewarding when you get it right.

why is it a good price for a 16 year old car with over 100k. its close to $6,000 dollars. i dont know much about these cars…seems like its worth half that

word. the mr2 is an auto-x beast. as you could probably expect, the mr2 forums have a section devoted to just auto-x, and the regional champions that participate are MANY, haha

Not a very common car. So it carries a high premium.

Plus, in comparison to other MR2-turbos with similar mileage that is a few grand less.

the prices on mr2’s have definitely hit the floor and will unlikely regress any further. like i said, the prices are even going up as they are becoming more and more rare to find one even in ‘great’ condition. they just spin out and wreck too easy… or the owners over boost and explode the engines (cough)… they rust up… etc

really? i see them all over the place and theres a quite a few just on this forum

You could sit there and say the same thing about a Nissan 300ZX…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Nissan-300ZX-Twin-Turbo-Pearl-White-NR_W0QQitemZ160107522327QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6398QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4 years ago there were maybe 4-5 in the area ( mark, joe, the auto-x guy with red 91 who trailers his shoes, haha STEVE [worst mr2 enthusiast ever])

then it picked up pretty quickly, as a group of friends all decided to get the car over a course of a year, haha.

i know i didnt claim a 300zx to be rare…but the price of a turbo one is justified since they were 45 grand 15+ years ago…thats like 60 something now and arent going for much more than this car

Initial value means nothing to a cars resale. All cars depreciate differently

Percieved value does.

for a 91 with over 100K miles on it?

I’d pay 2500 for it

It’s not a ford, steve.

lol

EDIT: i don’t even know if a 91 ford could be worth that much :stuck_out_tongue:

MR2:

M - Mid-engine
R - RWD
2 - Two Seater

MKI - '85 - '88
MKII - '89 - '94 (USA Stopped) - '96 (Japan Stopped)
MKIII - '99 - '05

you are missing a couple people my friend had a pretty quick turbo black on

oh undoubtedly i am, lol… people have them holed up in their garages etc, but i was loosely referring to this community.

but who was your friend with a black turbo?