New Camaro gets the treatment.....

Riley Technologies, will be producing these beauties in the very near future…Maybe now the time is right for the Trans-AM series to be resurrected… All I can say is where the fuck can I sign up.:burnout:

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/08_semacamaros.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/09_semacamaros.jpg

I like it.

Not too sure about the wheels…but it is sick

wowza

definately hate the wheels. but ill take that car in a second put some skinny black wheels on it like deep dish C5 wheels that are flat black. mmmm sex

queer paint scheme but other than that it looks much better than the pre-production pics I’ve seen

fucking awesome. that would be killer if they brought back trans am racing. wonder if that car will do the GT circuit?

the production car i dont like that much but that car is absolutely stunning! They need to make that a factory car

??? Huge, super light weight wheels, perfect diameter to compliment factory gearing? What’s not to like? This is a roll off the trailer race-ready car…fuck pretty street wheels.

i like the wheels, it fits that car

anyone else think the exhaust sits a bit too low? One speedbump and BAM there goes a muffler

The “GS” on the side of the car is from the Koni Challenge (Grand Am) series. So the camaro will be up against the new mustang, E46 M3, and Porsche 997. Though hopefully once production hits full swing you see the camaro end up all over the place. If someone took a challenger into Grand Am we’d pretty much have Trans Am again :bigok:

still fugly

Looks like it just popped up on autoblog with a press release.

The new Camaro is a 21st century sports car for the young and young at heart," said Ed Peper, GM North America vice president, Chevrolet. “Wherever your automotive passion lies, the Camaro complements it with world-class design and an exciting driving experience. The concepts unveiled at SEMA accentuate those qualities and trigger the imaginations of countless enthusiasts.”

Camaro GS Racecar Concept: One of the most iconic cars of the legendary Trans Am road racing series was the distinctive blue-and-yellow Camaro of Mark Donohue. He was a dominant racer in the series and drove his #6 1969 model to the series championship that year.

With the assistance of GM’s High Performance Vehicle Operations, North Carolina-based Riley Technologies re-created the look and feel of that standout racecar with a tribute that looks, sounds and drives like it’s ready to do battle with its contemporary pony car competitors. In fact, the heritage-inspired racer is more than concept. It is an early prototype for the Grand Am Koni Challenge GS racing class. Racecars like the GS Concept are offered and manufactured by Riley Technologies for the 2009 Grand-Am season.

The GS Concept features the race-ready suspension, reinforced chassis and drivetrain conform to the specifications required of racecars certified for the series. In fact, this racecar has already logged many hours on the racetrack as Riley team members worked to dial-in the chassis and powertrain. Additional features include:
• Seam-welded production Camaro body-in-white
• Carbon fiber hood, trunk lid, doors and fenders
• Production LS3 V-8 engine (used with solid engine mounts)
• Tremec 6060 six-speed manual transmission with close-ratio gearing
• Three-inch exhaust system with Coast Fab mufflers
• C&R racing aluminum radiator
• Upgraded engine oil cooler
• Transmission and differential coolers

The GS Racecar Concept is shown at SEMA just as it was last driven off the track, with the grime, brake dust and body imperfections commensurate with a day’s worth of racing. Indeed, it isn’t a car that spent hundreds of hours in a body shop in a quest of sheet metal perfection. It displays the bruises of competition and wears them as badges of honor.

Like Donohue’s '69 Camaro racecar, the GS Racecar Concept wears a deep blue paint scheme that is accented with yellow graphics, a yellow-painted interior and yellow racing wheels.

I’m all for a new style Trans Am series, get the Challenger and the Stang in there, too.

However, the new Camaro is ugly, and forever will be, regardless of what paint and wheels are slapped on it.

that car is badass! I love the look

SCCA already has a new Spec Mustang GT500 class for this year…so the Mustang will not be seen in the trans-am class unless a different chassis spec is used.

x2

def sweet

Best looking 5th Gen I’ve seen thus far. But I’ve always been a huge fan of the original Donahue Camaro, as well as the 4th Gen tribute car:

I also saw the real one, not a replica crash last year: http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55164&highlight=crash

-TJ

:drool: