"new" car mustang content

really bill? did you at least get rid of something or are u just adding on to the collection…bring it by the house if its on the road. we need some new burnout marks.

its true.

and i hope plan one is ditch that junk carb, and get a good one and a good cam for it and some MAC dumps, and some gears!

and nice 4 eye man, have fun with it

Mac’s sound awesome. Ive got a MAC catback on my 5.0 (with tailpipes, not dumps) and its pretty loud but sounds great.

MAC ftmfw!

Yeah, youve heard my POS pretty well.

Ive heard my own car more…:lol

lol the carb is going now where for now…as a matter a fact question for who ever can answer it…what should this thing do at the strip being all stock…cuz i do believe it is a bit faster then it should be…considering its fast then my 14.00 M3

elliot how offten do i get rid of stuff lol…ill deff be adding to the street for ya once i get the cash for some new tires…but i got delmar covered in black marks LOL i cant get the car to stay planted at alll…rolling in first around 25 is a joke and even 2nd around 35 is hard i dont get it…its a stock 5.0…

Stock its probably going to be 14.5-15.0. Theyre not fast stock.

Wow, that car brings back a lot of memories! The 85 GT was one of a bunch new 5.0’s I had back in the day (82GT, 83GT 85GT, 93LX5.0, 95 Cobra).

Here’s me racing her when she was brand new (yes, brand new - ha!):

I did mostly test/tune, but I bracket raced a couple of times and actually won once:

First off, unless you’re absolutely bent on racing it … DON’T MOD IT! Not too many 85 GT’s left that haven’t been torn to pieces.

But if you’re def gonna race it, this is what you should do first:

-Replace the stock 2.73/3.08 7.5" rear axle with an 8.8" 3.55
( I broke my 7.5 on the starting line at LVD, tow back to Schtd’y was $250)
-Get a beefed up transmission
(2nd and 3rd gear synchros are weak in the T-5, I learned how to remove/replace transmissions because of this car)
-Get an Edelbrock Mani if they still make them, shorty headers, and a good exhaust system
(this combo worked especially well for this car)

I ran low 14’s on street tires with that set up, which was good considering it’s a high 14/low 15 sec. car stock.

Good Luck!

Considering its around 3400lbs on 220hp at stock that really isnt bad. The marauder does 15s stock, but with a tune mid to low 14s.

I know how slow they are. Ive got a '92 5.0.
When I got the car it was pretty much stock except for an intake and cai. It ran high 15’s at 98 or so mph.

Weird, the 302 that is in my car used to be in a 4 door meteor, and with aod headers and intake with the 650 we were running 14.6s at best. My dad raced the car and was getting 1.7s to 1.8s 60 foots in it. That was because of the torque converter just didn’t have enough power for the top end. We had basically a stock aod with a b&m mega shifter so it was fun.

I had a stock AOD with a B&M ratchet shifter and it was cutting 2.2 60’.
My first trip to the track it ran 15.7’s.

The fastest its been was 13.7 at 104. Its got a new motor, a 5 speed and alot of other new parts now though.

My stock 85 GT was exactly 3180lbs and 210hp. Autos are a hundred lbs. more

With my 93 LX 5.0 stick I ran a 13.9@ 99mph with nothing else except an Edelbrock Performer series mani and 3.55’s (on street tires). Couldn’t beat 13’s for a new 15k car with only $800 in mods.

Well gears do wake these cars up alot considering most came with 2.73’s.

noone cares ,your a herb

Yup, you’re right.

Almost all my 5.0’s came with 2.73’s ( I never ordered one, always took whatever was on the lot).

I ran 5.0’s for a long time, and this thread is about the same exact car I used to have.

So shhh …

dont shoosh me your a fuckin herb that thinks he knows it all noone likes you never will go fuck youself .better yet did ya ever have a car that was quick ? i didnt think so now let the guys talk go outside and preach to the little woodland creatures