New car.

bought a 99.5 VW Golf GTi today =) pics soon to come. if anyone has ideas for quick hop ups please let me know!!

is it a 1.8T or VR6?

<–Cringes :ohnoes:

not sure. i bought on a limb… 2k. dunno what motor

on a whim, not a limb
lol

2k as in $2,000 dollars?

was the 1.8t an option in that year or did it get the 2.slow

good deal right there

I would get a stage 2 chip, stage 1 lowering to keep it streetable, or Stage 3 if you are baller enough for a winter car.

then def. get stage 3 lips though
get some siqqq staggered rims, ie bbs lms, iforged, 18s and up only

finish it off with some kind of anti honda/rice sticker,

and your ready for waterfest, and making fun of honda owners for their lack of quality and soul.

:lol:

im pretty pumped. i beleive its a 2.0 =(… can it be boosted?

do not do it.

a little off topic but did you go to Maryvale HS? Congrats on the car too

lol this is a jump for me. Fbod to this… other car will be posted soon if anyones interested. 86 z/28.

A swap to a 1.8T or a VR6 would be much easier. But honestly if you want speed a MKIV VW is a terrible project car platform. Way heavy and while big power is possible, it’ll cost a lot.

If it cost you $2,000 and runs well I’d leave it what it is: Cheap comfy transportation.

yes i did… and still do. im a senior this year

hi andy u remember me Jeff Tycz?

no. 1.8T wasn’t until later on mk 4’s. only B5’s were getting them at that point.

best advice in thread. :tup:

Hey Jeff how you been?

ok, boosting it is out. what else besides chip can i do?

Forget about straight line performance. You’d have better luck getting a plane on a treadmill to take off than to make a 2.0 run a 14.9. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, any power mods to the 2.0 will just be pissing away money if you’re going for actual results.