new car

Nothing wrong with a comfy sedan with some balls to cruise around in. Especially at $11k off MSRP. Nice grab. :tup:

I almost bought one as a DD.
Gas mileage wasn’t great but gas is cheap again, so who cares.

QFT!!

what motor comes in these cars?

If you like how the new Saturn Sti, and the Whale Shark Evo’s look. :lol:
I think they need a few more wing & boy racer to be perfect.

To be honest though I do like the Evo IX looks and the first gen STI.

The SS starts at about 32K…so with 11K off lets do some math…thats a brand new car that is almost as quick in a straight line, larger and more comfortable, and cheaper to maintain.

What can you get an evo/sti for now? 35K ? I’ll save the 15K and go with the impala call me an old man. (This is for a DD of course.)

To be honest though these cars are out of each others liege. The impala is much larger and way more comfortable then the smaller more harsh and nimble imports.

It is stupid to rag on the guy for his choice in car. It was his choice and it is a nice ass car.

If I seen someone pull up to a meet in a civic I would wonder if it was someone’s grandmother or some poor person. Sucks

Pffttt… Should have bought a V-6 accord fool. [/sarcasm]

Nice pickup they seem like decent cars and should scoot, inb4morepeoplewith18secondcarsstartrippingonitbecausesomeoneelsedidanditsnotomgjdmeuroleet

thats all it is to me is a DD, the gas milage is better than my blazer xtreme i leased and just turned back in. After 400 miles on the car, its averaging around 19mpg

Nice car despite what all the domestic haters think.

Attack of the elitist NYspeeder’s again. Always hatin because people have different tastes.

5.3L v-8 mr reid

I’m sure it’s a nice car, it’s just super boring looking.

Ok that I will agree with. There is almost no aftermarket for these at all as far as looks are concerned. They do have a body kit and a cowl hood as well as Full LED tail’s and LED/Projector headlight housings. As far as performance goes, for the SS a tuner will wake it up alot. Then the normal, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow full exhaust. You also have your typical motor upgrades ie. cam,lifters,rockers,springs etc.

I will say, when I had one as a rental, that thing went through snow/sleet/ice like it was on rails.

I got 4 snows on mine for the winter and it goes through everything. It is one of the best FWD cars i’ve driven in the snow.

i plan on changing it up a bit eventually to get it away from the boring look. I thought about another set of the stock wheels but in gunmetal, maybe lowering it (that should put it about the same height as what my friend’s grand prix came out to be at) changing the rocker moldings over to the ones from the 50th Anniversary Edition Impala and putting on the front lip from the Nascar pacecar Impala or the 06-07 Monte Carlo SS lip since it fits. Definately needs an exhaust, this car is too quiet.

you can tell the mature members in this thread. (psst, they arent the ones ripping on a reasonable automobile)

if the chassis is anything like the previous larger GM FWD ones, it will be decent at the drag strip with some sticky tires.

you gonna take it to NYI next year?

Brian

i might go out there in the summer to see how it actually does in the 1/4 mile.