I died a little inside.

I was driving around in the stook this weekend because it was soooo freakin’ nice out.

Top down, cruising on the Sprian.

This guy comes up real quick on me, I couldn’t really tell what it was… looked like an dodge stratus kinda looking thing.

pulls up next to me, and it’s an IMPALA.

I’m like, tee hee hee, look he has SS badges, what a ricer.

Then I remembered about that v8 one. The 305 HP one.

As i bliped the gas to downshift into 5th, then 4th, then 3rd - I made it to the 4th gear downshift when he punched it. Instantly pulled about a car on me before I i got her into 3rd.

I was going a little fast for 3rd so it was a short gear and I shifted into 4th.

3rd gave me enough to not lose ground, i lost a little more ground tho when i shifted.

4th came and he wasn’t really going anywhere. Nearing the end of 4th traffic was quickly approaching and I let off the gas.

and his 1 car was still there. :frowning:

man, i gotta say. that thing hauls pretty damn good up top for a sedan.

I then went home and proceeded to cry for 2 hours.

BS, you went home, got the Galant and hunted his ass down!

… A least you better have since you haven’t returned any of my calls / txts :frowning:

:tup:

Just freakin turbo that thing will you?

X2

Wahh wahh wahh, stop being such a puss-wad…

Watch it if you race him from a dig, he’ll torque steer into the side of your car!

was it one of those brand new impalas? There not bad looking, but who knew they were faster than s2ks?

From a roll they should be pretty quick.

S2000 with me in it = 3000+ lbs

S2000 = 245HP 160 Ft/Lbs

Impala SS with 200 lbs driver = 3900lbs

Impala = 303HP 323 Ft/Lbs

Fucking torque.

The run a 14.3 according to Car and Driver.

lol. Good read.

:biglaugh: good death. IIRC that’s the fastest SS impala yet. they don’t sound bad at all with a good set of cans out back.

just click together your heels and say, “there’s no place like twisties, there’s no place like twisties” :smiley:

160 Ft/Lbs

:eek:

It’s a 2.0L, what do you expect?

You can make lots of HP from little displacement, but torque ? unless you F/I it’s not going to make that much more.

I know nothing about S2000’s… so looking at the HP and TQ was a bit shocking

I didn’t know st00ks had sequential transmissions.

It doesn’t, I wasn’t expecting him to take off on me so I was downshifting slow 6-5-4

fucker :stuck_out_tongue:

You have large balls for telling this tale. I would have put my car up for sale the moment I got home :lol:

you can admit it, you didnt want to pull a skunkape :lol:

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNN!!