New Chevy?

Just came back from lunch - at Dunn Tire Park they have some Chevy show or something, they have all these new chevy’s sitting there.

There is this hideous thing that looks like a Jeep Liberty got it on with a PT Cruiser…

Like, HIDEOUS

Like, possibly the ugliest car ever made. Even uglier than the Asstek.

Upon a quick google, I found :

http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr06/

Wow that is N A S T Y.

GM must have some fucking blind people for engineers for design this shit

Yeah it’s supposed to replace the equally hideous SSR

bahaha well gm is the king of ugly vehicles so i’m not suprised…

You’re correct if you’re talking about most “newer” vehicle designs (1990+)

How does a 4 door 4 cylinder sport ute cross over whatever replace a 2 seater V8 sport truck?

They are completely two different markets.

Don’t ask me… GM apaprently “listened” to the consumer and made a 4 door version because of everyone and their families

yes i’m talking about present day vehicles

I think it was the H3

Oh well Howie. I was going to get you one of those as a going away gift but you don’t like them. I guess I’ll just get you a card or something…

I totaly agree that is one fugly vehical.

At least they made the Aveo look like an actual car now.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/news/2005/0420/chevrolet.aveo.500.jpg

also with a mix of the new durango

damn thing is ugly

The HHR wasn’t made to replace anything. It was made to sort of compete with Scion in the “build it to the way you like it” market. Theres numerous options and the first vehicle of its type produced by a domestic company.

And by build it the way you want it, I don’t mean packages; I mean things like shift knobs and all of that crazy shit Scion offers.

What? What do you think a Dodge SRT4 is?

Sport Compact Performance.

well if thats true then they picked the worst platform to try it on lol

I concur. I’m not saying its an awesome car, just saying where it stands. I remember reading recently that there are like 45 options and its the most customizeable car on the market, or when read “would be.” I think its ass ugly. If they would have tried the idea on the Cobalt I think it would have been better since thats more of a “kids” market. Not too many 40 year olds that I know want stainless pedals and chrome tips and stuff, haha.

exactly, they shoulda done that with the cobalt if anything out of their current lineup

i dunno look how many middle aged men went and put flames on thier PT Cruisers… haha

point.

GM wants the PT Cruiser market.
GM, being the lumbering dinosaur that it is, waited how many years? to concoct this strategem.
GM, being the ever insightful enterprise, will catch the tail-end of the retro-wagon fad.
GM will retract this model in 5-10 years. There may be one model freshening.
GM, and the world, will say huh? when you mention “HHR” in 15 years.

no?