New DD - 2002 WRX

bumping old threads ftw.

Thanks, I love it. max boost is at 11-12lbs

they rub, I got the wheels/tires from the same guy i got the car off of. So they are used and I can see how bad they did rub

I will test fit, will i only need them for the front? how much for a set?

Getting the REX ready for summer. First thing I’m doing is reinstalling the stock tail lights. I still have to mount the other set of wheels and see why they rubbed for the last owner.

Car came with a Cobb tuner also. Need to look into what this will do for me!

Try to get some pix up soon!

good call, those tails are :barf:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa271/shrekb18/newshrek/WRX/5e9e241f.jpg?t=1240877947

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa271/shrekb18/newshrek/WRX/6ae05a6f.jpg?t=1240878000

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa271/shrekb18/newshrek/WRX/9234ac4e.jpg?t=1240878048

Much better looking with the stock tails,:tup:

It turns out I didn’t need spacers after all. The wheels bolted up and seemed to clear. That’s until I hit a good bump and I heard the tire hit the fender. I looked more closely and noticed that one of the rear tires was tilting out and the other side was tilting in. I took the car down to Dunn Tire and they told me they couldn’t align the car b/c the rims didn’t have a lip to hook the alignment machine to. So I swapped the rims back over to stock and reschedule the alignment appointment. Dropped the car off again and 20 min later the tec called and said the driver side strut is bent… WTF… So I ordered two new KYB struts and installed them last weekend. Didn’t realize you need to remove the back seat to get to the struts. I installed new rear discs and pads while I was back there.

That took care of the tire that was tilting out. I talked to the guy I bought the car from again and every time I do he tells me more about the car. I think I finally have the whole list of mods.

Turbo - Deadbolt Monster TD04 - ported / polished & ceramic coated
Exhaust - full turbo back - hks down pipe, turboxs up pipe, custom bent stainless catback w/ greddy evo muffler
Vivid Racing short shifter
Cobb Tuning accessport
front & rear sti strut tower braces
Perrin air intake
DIY 3/16 boost mod
Air fuel gauge and boosts gauge

I started playing with the Cobb tuner, seems pretty easy to operate but I need to get a wideband hooked up since I’m paranoid about my AFR these days. I thought about installing switches so I didn’t have to crawl under the dash to get to the test mode connecters every time.

So this all leads up to a question… Anyone know where I can download a free copy of the Subaru service manual? I think I’m going to pick up a Walbro 255 next

Bump for a 02 Subaru service manual??

What do you need to know?

I want to be able to do my own maintenance. I started looking on nasioc.com. I just want my own PDF to ref… I’m almost to 60K miles and will need to change the transmission and rear diff fluids soon, timing belt after that.

spark plug gap?

yea i want to get a turbo bug eye too… :frowning:

buffaloscooby.com

We will show you how to do anything you want to know.

PS - buy gapped plugs.