New Ride

had my 07 r6 up for sale, got a guy who was really interested in my bike willing to trade his 02 wrx evenly for the bike. I was interested in the car so i ended up trading it. Anyways here’s a few pics, not sure where to go with the car though. It has a BOV, turbo back exhaust, headers. So I’m probli looking to get a larger turbo, injectors and an accessport. Any suggestions?

Actually looks pretty decent, and I hate bugeyes

ill be honest too, i hated bugeyes as well, but the look is kind of growing on me…

nice trade… how many miles on it ?

I love bugeye wrx’s if i ever buy a subaru that would be the car i would buy. Or a late 90’s/05 & up legacy gt.

be easy on that tranny, they don’t take abuse well.

If it were me, i would be saving money for 6-speed swap or buy a spare tranny to be built. Dont the gears just strip right out?

Bigger turbo… plan on a bottom end first.

And the trans as mentioned doesnt like to hold good power for very long getting hammered on.

IMO, its clean as shit it seems, it wont ever be a blistering fast car without $8K under the hood and next to your right leg. Leave it as it is, get it tuned if you think its not running well as it sits moded and put good suspension on it. AutoX, track days, and romp back roads with it. A good driver doesnt need 450awhp to have fun in a car like that.

nice pick-up RJ

Nice car… I’m not too keen on the Sti wing tho :confused:

Nice car! ditch the bov, change all your drivetrain fluids, accessport and enjoy :slight_smile: …god would I like an accessport. Come with any extra parts?

Use subaru coolant and transmission fluid!

FTW advice.

+1

I like it. Nice pickup dude.

sorry for the late response…

I have heard about the tranny’s in these years, so I am planning on getting a spare tranny just in case. As far as spare parts, i got 4 brand new pirelli run flats. Car also came with alpine 500w mono amp, 10" type r sub, and type r speakers. Pretty please with the sound quality. Car’s going to be mostly a dd so i’m not looking for any crazy ridiculous power. Possibly just a bigger turbo though. I love the sound of the BOV but I have read reviews that it makes the car run not as well, but the way it is now it runs just fine. The only problem with the car is that it needs an O2 sensor. The guy had a scanner when he brought the car and showed me the codes. I also have a friend who knows a lot bout subaru’s, said to not worry bout the accessport and have his friend tune it. He said that he got 30hp out of the tune he got. So I may try that first before spending $600…

As of right now, I just want to fix any cosmetics or any other looks on the car before dumping money into the motor. If it isn’t broke, i figure i’ll jus leave it alone for now.

Jealous… Looks very clean! Yeah I think I’ve heard if the BOV isn’t recirculating it’s not too healthy for them. Something about premature turbo wear or something. But I could be way off haha.

I plan to get an 02-07 wagon within the next year. I just have to find a clean stock one because I have no intention of modding it. I figure with a kid on the way loading the baby in the back of my current 2 door will get very old rather quick haha.

There is soooo much more to “just a turbo upgrade” and swapping out a snail.

And on an engine that blows up on stock turbos with bolt ons and agressive tunes, even a bigger turbo (and supporting hardware) with a lax tune will still be pushing the limits hardcore with that motor.

Big turboing a subaru is more an all or nothing comitment than many other platforms. The turbo may be only $700, but the injectors, fuel pump, up pipe, down pipe, wastegate, intercooler, charge piping, tune, oil & coolant lines, etc cost 2-3 times that to get it running. Then cross your fingers the ringlands done crack off and take the bottom end out and make you drop another $2000+ in parts and machine work. Then clutch and flywheel to hold the power.

Its a shitty cat and mouse game. If you are not prepaired to just cut to the chase and shoot the mouse with a shot gun as soon as you see it, you will hate battle.

Stock its a diverter valve, boost is pissed back into the intake after the MAF. The ECU “knows” how much air should be coming back into the intake and since its post MAF it has no active way to monitor that. So pissing all the air off to the atmosphere, when the ecu is pumping fuel in expecting it to be recirculated into the engine throws it off. Causes a rich condition.

If the BOV is recirculated (AKA should have just bought a DV) mechanically its 100% fine to do. It just not using the proper tool for the job.

Ah good information thanks! Precisely why I’ll keep mine stock when I get it haha. Seems like one of the best bets to keep them reliable lol.

Ps I may be PM’ing you soon about some minor exhaust work. I drove past the shop the other day didn’t realize how close you were to me lol.

yep if the tune is still expecting air to be coming back after throttle is lifted, you should keep the stock DV. One of the only reasons to change that out is if the stock DV cant hold the boost levels you want to run. If you want to hear the wooooopshhhhhh get a CAI and recirc it back in like it should be, you will still hear the noise.