New downpipe, no more a/c. thanks hotrodkid

spent 4pm to 2am yesterday building a new downpipe cause the one i made as a temp was WAY too restrictive. also took off the ac to accomodate the space the new DP needed. heres pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/focusinprogress/DSC01201.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/focusinprogress/DSC01202.jpg

Ugly but functional welds…

why don’t you guys buy bends? Not worth it?

low 14s in a focus with a/c > 14 flat in a focus without

:frowning:

I will not go without AC anymore in Buffalo. You can use it in the winter too ya know…

:word:

honestly, i haven’t had a/c in YEARS and i’ve gotten used to it, this summer was no biggie, just put the windows down and go :gotme:

see cars that dont come with ac are better cuz they have their own dehumidifiers so u can drive in the rain with ur windows up… thats my only downside to not having ac

but now that the audi is back on the road

umm ac> not haha

see my post about winter + buffalo = AC is sweet.

If the focus is his summer car… and he has another car for his winter beater more power to him… but I’m assuming its an all year ride. Where AC will help you in all sorts of conditions.

Used my ac once this summer. thats it.

But if your AC functions properly you can use it in rain and snow. Anytime your windshield or windows are foggy… hit the AC and clear em up.

Using it in the summer isn’t necessary… you can put your windows down… but if its raining… windows up is preferred… up in the winter is usually good too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love my ac as well. Thats why I bought an ac compatable dp.:slight_smile:

focus is summer car only. the a/c hasnt been charged in over 1.5yrs so im used to not having it

therwas no way to build anything resembeling a proper DP with the A/C pump in there as there was only 1.75" of space between the turbo and the pump, and thats w/o the dp flange in there yet

yes my welds there look like ass
yes they have decent penetration

i was working in the dark with 2 fingers that i bashed w/ a 20 pound sledge earlier this week … its the suck

luckily nick wasnt worried about the look, just wanted to be sure it wasnt gonna crack out again on him, and that it was free flowing , so now hes got a 2.5" turbo back exhaust

i’d ask for a ride again… but something else will prolly be broken

Holy pie cuts batman, no room for some mandrel bends???

:word:

Not sure why the pipes have to be that way…

whatever works, but why do it that way?

the piecuts are made to give a 2" inner diameter to the bend, a u bend would be what ? 4" ?

a u bend would also have hung out farther , which would have exposed the nearby IC charge pipe to more heat

:word: the jeep doesnt have A/C, ive been with out A/C for over 3 years now, and im fine.

Honestly I can see that downpipe breaking and leaking…but we all start somewhere :tup: