*new*electrical question

I bought some fog lights that need to run to parking lights, since im lazy and dont want to find the wire and cut somthing i use, can i attach this wire to the remote wire from my deck to amp?

awnser, yes you can. just incase u were wondering

My new question is, I got the lights in and running and now they are blowing fuses like crazy, it came with a 15 amp and they wont stop blowing. Bad ground could cause this maybe?

the amp wire circuit must be low impedance and your fog lights don’t have a built in resistance.

no resistance = high current = bye bye fuse.

stop being lazy and tap into the proper wires :confused: or throw on a resistor.

do it right or send it to someone who does. why the hell would you hook up lights to your deck. lazyness always causes problems

make sure they aren’t double grounded. i had that problem and blew about 6 fuses before i realized what was going on

dont hook up to amp remote wire, its milivolts, ur gonna fry your deck, well for some decks at least its milivolts, still, i wouldnt do that

ok which wire should i tap into?

Wire them up to your parking lights with a relay…just make sure your grabbing power for the foglights from the battery…ground can be anywhere but batt is the best ground. You dont even need to run wires into your car unless u want a switch…The blue amp wire on your deck is the worst to use…its 12v sure but its not ment to power anything it has hardly any amperage…its simply ment to flick a switch in the amp to tell it when to turn on and off so its not constaly on when u turn the car off. If your really really 1/2 ass wire them directly to the signal lights. Theres 3 wires ones a ground just make sure the live wire is the one that always has power when the lights are on not when the signal is on and blinking…otherwise ur foglights going to blink with your signal light and remain off when your signal lights are off…Your car may catch fire and blow up so i sudjest u buy a relay play around with it with a batt charger and learn how it works…it takes time to learn but theres a reason we have them.

I have the electrical diagrams but going back to your original idea - why not power relay running off car accessories i.e. stereo main power (+) harness wire through a switch. Here’s what it will do:

Your fog lights will work:

1. if accessories are running (key in acc. or running mode - car’s off? no drain on battery) AND
  2. your custom switch is in on position (turn off when you don’t need them on)

This will give you more combinations for using the fog lights not just when your parking lights are on / off.

Here’s how to do it - it’ll cost you about 2 dollars for a basic 12v DC automotive relay (spdt - single power / double throw), some wires, small fuse box w/fuse - about 8-10 dollars (something to house the fuse for your foglights in case of a bad short / overload).

p.s. if the s* catches on fire, you’re on your own lol…

kidding… shouldn’t be that bad - just an idea… I am running several things using relays - much cleaner than running thick wires into the cabin…

if you need help with this, PM…

Wow thanks guys :smiley:

By deck main power you meen the yellow one i think rgiht?

theres an illumination wire off the deck, you can run that into the relay and then your fogs would come on any time your lights are on but only when your lights are on, if thats what you’re trying to do