Fog lights as DRLs

I want to install a set of fog lamps I have as daytime running lights. So I need the lights to be on whenever the car is running.

I’m a bit of a wiring newb. This doesn’t have to be a permanent either. Obviously I run the negative wires to the ground. But where should I wire in the positive wire? Just run it off the positive terminal on the battery? It’s a '91 Soarer BTW…

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I haven’t done anything like this on my current car, but on my old Integra, I just wired it to the fuse panel. You can pick whatever fuse you want, but something that’s on whenever the car was on (radio, whatever) is what you’re looking for. I think there might even be a ‘constant power’ fuse that you could use. Just make sure you use a fuse that’s the proper resistance for the lights.

I soltered mine straight to the actual fuse rather than the wires in the panel, so if I ever blew that fuse I’d have to redo it. But that lasted the entire life of the car. Realistically, fuses don’t blow that often unless you’re screwing with them.

use a relay, ittl be safer.

Heres a pinout on the relay that should work:

Pin 30 - Fused pwr from battery(set the fuse size to be slightly larger than wat the lights draw. Amps = Watts/Volts)
Pin 87 - Positve side of ure lights
Pin 86 - Positive keyed power(radio, wipers, anything that will only run wen the key is on)
Pin 85 - Chassis ground.
Pin 87A - not used

Ground the lights to chassis and that should be good. U will need to find a fuse holder for the wire going to 30 on the realy, u should be able to get them and relays at crappy tire or mopac.

Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes.