New Family Member

Carie and I will be picking up a new family member tomorrow. His name is Jack and he is 6 months old. We filled out the application yesterday since he is a Pit, and it required a home inspection. I got the call today about 3:45 that we were approved. He is being chipped and fixed so we can pick him up tomorrow after 4pm.

On a side note I got engaged last week as well…lol

cool looking dog mike hopefully he aint a dick like bo was

Nope this little guy is a sweetheart. He loves everyone and is always waging his tail. We got 7 weeks of training with him for free as well, which will be nice. So being that he is 6 months I won’t have nearly the amount of problems I did with Bo since Bo was 5 when I rescued him.

Congrats and congrats.

congrats TWICE!! He’s a cutie!!

Thank you, regardless of the lack of emotion in my post above, I’m extemely excited about both. I’m just trying to post during down time at work, which can let up any time now…lol

nice looking puppy

Is this one a rescue as well? Is so I’m glad to see people who care to give dogs a good home/2nd chance as opposed to one straight from a litter.

yup is is a rescue, we checked the shelters first (Animal Rescue, Humane, and Animal Friends) First prior to looking into breaders.

We were looking for a german Shepherd, Rottie, Pit, or Bull Mastiff. Stipulation was if it was a Pit or Rottie, it had to be a puppy, due to it being too hard to find out what an adult dog’s past history was, and I;m not taking a chance with Carie’s Kids. I know both breeds are loving and good family dogs, but too many assholes breed them for fighting.

This loving guy caught our hearts as soon as we seen him and when we got him to the meeting room it was all over.

He was found as a stray on the north side and brought in to the humane society on 7/6/07. So this little guy got adopted by us in 5 days. Very healthy, friendly, and most importantly not totally screwed up. He doesn’t have a care in the world right now.

congrats.

The skin is too bland, needs some soul glo to bring out the color

Great that you are saving a Pit. So many terrible stereotypes for these dogs that they have no control over.

There is one up the street from me that barks and barks and barks at me when I walk by. Then I look at him, smile, and tell him to settle down and I always give him a treat (owner knows me and says its okay). He stops immediately, takes the treat, and wags his tail like its about to fall off. Great dog. He puts up a tough front, but he is totally awesome.

congrats and congrats

My pit is 3 years now, rescued her from the same place when she was 10 months. Great dog!!! When she dies I will rescue another the next day. Good luck and make sure you socialize him with people and other animals. My dog loves the neighbors and their pets (even cats!)

Looks exactly like my Pit I rescued from the North Side Humane Society.

congrats…glad to see people rescue dogs…that’s how I got my dobe

congrats on both mike!