Dog Adoption

So in the next few up coming weeks YoRita and myself are going to be looking to a adopt a puppy or young dog. We are looking for some good places to check out in terms of adopting. We are not looking to spend thousands of dollars on a pure bred. Mixed breeds are perfectly fine with us.
Price range trying to stay under $300.
Size of dog (full grown under 70lbs)

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Only breed we cannot get is a Pit. (Landlord Rule)

http://www.outofthepits.org/OOTP-adoptions1.html

Local pit bull rescue.

Check shelters. My girl and I were able to spend 150 tops for a pure bred shihtzu. That included shots and neutering. And through the associate we met there about a year later she contacted us and gave us a free Chihuahua that was from a puppy mill. The dog was going to be put down cause she couldn’t breed anymore. Took a long time to get her to where she needed to be… but she’s a great dog now. Adopting is a very rewarding feeling. Good for you if that’s the route you’re going.

Out of the pits is where I got my APBT… A bit of a hassle to deal with some of the people who run the organization but I got a great dog for a stupid low price

you should check out the humane society in Menands…

just got our dog from here… it was $275 i think… great dog, and very nice people

http://members.petfinder.com/~NY848/index.htm

Should have put in the OP that we are not looking for a pit (Landlord wont allow it) I know they can be great dogs. but thats the only rule they have

How long did the process take you?

A friend of mine might be giving away a bichon puppy… not neautered though

Oh yeh! i sent you a message about that on facebook haha

Matt? You change your username? lol Hit me up if you’re still interested. She’s not 100% sure she wants to give the puppy away but I think its gonna come to that

Yeh hahaha

Lol I HATE that rule, its just another dog… they are probably one of the smartest most well behaved dogs when raised properly.

I have a staffordshire bull terrier myself (he’s a legit english line staff not a renamed american pitbull or amstaff, only going to be about 40lbs max) and I know one of his half sisters is up for adoption but landlords are usually pretty ignorant about the differences in bull breeds.

part of the issue is, home owners insurance charges more for bully breeds (if they allow them at all)

Thats why landlords don’t want to deal with it.

Fuckin’ insurance companies, it’s just ignorance is all…

God damn you, Michael Vick.

Check out www.animalovers.org or .com. That’s where we got our cats from and they were great. The animals they rescue go to foster homes until they find people to adopt them so they’re well socialized which is very important.

Good stuffzz keep it coming!

I got my cat from menands and it was a very easy and cheap experience, my girl and I rescued a purebred Maltese pup then a few months last we got a Chihuahua. Both came directly from people we found on CL both were living in deplorable conditions we paid less than 400 for both of them. Cossey was right that it is a rewarding experience. Good luck!

Save A Stray i toga, or contact ASPCA. Mutt’s are the best fucking dogs.

well it would prolly be a week tops, ours was longer cause we had to move before we could take in the dog, so we had to wait a couple weeks