New from Rochester (added video link)

mmmmm 930 I love those, even being a dinosaur 1st gen camaro guy.
wanna swap for an afternoon?

I am out in Webster… where life is worth living.

very tempting.

Welcome! MPD47 is our resident porsche humper so I’m sure he’ll chime in any minute :slight_smile:

That 930…looks like an early car. Maybe '79-'80-ish given the chrome headlamp rings? Fun cars to drive fast if you know what you’re doing, not so fun if you don’t know the dynamics of trail braking in a car with your center of gravity that’s somewhere around the car behind you.

I used to live in Webster long ago…geez, 1980 I think. Baker St. in the Village.

Welcome aboard.

welcome to you and your sexy “widowmaker”

It is a very tricky car to learn how to drive right. with the center of gravity and power way behind the driver it can get a little hairy.
Also with almost no weight upfront except the fuel the car handles different as you burn off fuel. once the car has 1/3 of a tank left the front drifts in the turns.
def a “widowmaker”

I have a guy I do track days with who had an evo like mine. He sold it for a 930 and after 4-5 track days told me he was sure he would kill himself despite being an excellent driver in the highest run group. He sold it for an E30 M3 track car which he loves.

but on the fun scale he did say the 930 was off the chart scary fun.

I’ve had some white knuckle experiences…
I posted up a video the has the car breaking lose.

Hi! I live in Rochester too :slight_smile:

Welcome Aboard :wave:

u have a friend name connor?

you have a car iw ould kill to have :[ to bad they wernt cheap :[

Not gonna lie…i like the Mini S better than the others (with regard to pure enjoyment)…but the collection on a whole is still pretty baller…

This seems like a great group of people. I look forward to sharing ideas and meeting everyone.

Rochester, NY the Hub of the Universe!!!

No.

Thanks. You are right on the Mini. Easily the best buy for the money. I would buy another in a minute. The X5 is convenient for work, going out with friends or hauling my dogs.
As some one stated earlier the Porsche is just crazy fast fun… not all that safe.

these cars move out alright. As stated with the proper upgrades they can really wail. I just for the life of me could never get used to the clutch coming up from the floor as opposed to down form the firewall.

So you have driven a 930. It is a very weird feeling every time I pull out of the driveway.
For anyone who does not know; the fulcrum or hinge for the peddles are located on the floor, so you foot stays flat on the peddle.

yes worked on a few in my day. Plugs and wires on one of these with bigger turbos/intercooler = not fun at all.

It takes me 10 min to drop the engine out the bottom, mine is mostly stock. Makes it a lot easier to change plugs, wires, or anything.

yeah. dropping it is the way to do it. But when all lifts are full and only the flat is open, I was the bitch boy for that experience. Not dropping the motor it took roughly 3 hours, and caused many cuts and blood spill.

That was the way I did it the 1st time. Then after rebuilding the trans I realized there was a way easier way.
You have to have the hands of a 4 year old to change them with the engine in the car. Do you work in a shop? If so where are you located. I am always look for a good shop to go to.