New GM engine for Tonawanda

There’s currently ~ 340 people on layoff. They will have 1st dibs on any job openings at the plant.

I had a family member tell me back in 02 or 03, that they could probably get me in there. But after we discused it, it was concluded that I’d never get 30 years in there and be able to retire like they did. My job would certainly would have been down-sized prior to any available retirement or the plant itself wouldn’t be running by the time I’d be eligable.

:tup: to GM

more local jobs…I’m all for it.

I am really glad to see jobs in buffalo but do you guys really think GM is going to be OK?

isnt that the fuckin truth

Wise choice IMO. Even the retired are not in the clear. Enron, while a different sham may show a glimpse of the future. GM’s pension is not realistically sustainable as I see it. They cannot have pension investment profits tank AND lose members monies through layoffs and expect to keep paying out. Even more perilous when you factor inflation and health care costs. I feel sorry for the probable future of those that were promised comfort for their efforts.

I’m with you.

My dad is a union delegate at Delphi and he wont let me work there lol. He said my job wouldn’t last 2 years :eekdance:.

This was a few years ago lol.

but then you can go into the job bank and get paid not to work