New Guy (Albany area)

I signed up as a member here a while ago. I just lurked here and there but with some persuasion from another member I decided to post here.

The car I am currently working on is a 1997 Subaru Impreza L, which I am currently tearing apart to fix the body. My ambitions for power right now are modest until I can pull the engine and buy some forged internals. So right now I am just working out the design of an exhaust manifold based on the stock WRX set-up to use with a stock TD04, set up to run lower than wastegate boost intercooled by a Forester XT IC.

My aspirations for this project are to build an EJ22/EJ25 hybrid engine with forged internals, with a rotated turbo set-up controlled by a parallel Megasquirt/stock ECU computer.

I look forward to seeing what Shift518 is all about.

Welcome!

2 dr of 4dr?

Megasquirt is um… do as much homework on it before you start is my suggestion.

welcome

welcome! and enjoy your stay

I have the 4 dr 5spd AWD. I agree with MS being quite a project but I am pretty good with electronics and with computers. Also there seems to be a HUGE amount of learning resources available from theory to implementation. I plan on initially using it to tune AFR and Ignition timing.

Unfortunately, unless I swap, I can’t use open source.:frowning:

:ninja

Welcome man. It was nice to meet you yesterday. I told you you would get a warm welcome here. There will allways be haters out there, but dont let it bother ya.

When you get crackin on the project post up a build thread and plenty of pics. Members here like to see the working being done behind the keyboard. + reps will come from that.

later man!

Ohhh Megasquirt nice!

Welcome!

Welcome

^ you can call him JUSTINK

MS FTW!

This will be my first MS project. I look forward to drawing from everyone else experiences.

Welcome dude!

welcome

Welcome to the site.

As far as learning “what Shift518 is all about”… You sure you really want to do that? J/k.

Enjoy.

welcome

welcome