New Guy From Waterford...

Guess it’s time to introduce myself:

My name is Erik and I live in Waterford, NY. I own a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC that I bought new in July 2006. I started out on the normal route (smaller pulley, bigger injectors, intake, exhaust, etc.) and eventually started to go crazy with it (extensive tuning, cams, turbo). The turbo conversion was done by RD Fabs (Port Byron, NY>>>Near Auburn) last winter. It’s a Garrett GT3071R, .63A/R, externally gated, custom Sched 10 Turbo Manifold, Type 304 SS charge piping and custom intake manifold, + misc goodies…

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w86/howark/RD%20Fabs%20LSJ%20Portfolio/weldedturbomanifold3.jpg

Unfortunately, I had a ring go and score up my cylinder liner in Cyl#1 this summer. It’s torn down for the most part, but I still have to get the block out to the machine shop to be sleeved and install my forged pistons. Hoping to have it back up together and on a dyno before the end of the year. At ~22-23psi, I should be somewhere in the 450-500whp range, depending on how crazy I go with tuning and fuel…

Let me know what you think!

I think you need to hurry up and get it done so I can start mine!!!:rofl

Soon…

…sell your rims so I can get it together!

psh… palease… sell them to get my lowering parts :slight_smile:

Hi, I also drive a cobalt.

How’s it goin? Is your cobalt simply a mode of transportation or do you mod it? What year/model?

welcome, btw tho your girl has a way cooler ride.

At this point I don’t think my car even qualifies to be a “mode of transportation”, as I clocked less than 6k in one year. I didn’t mod it, was waiting for stage-1 and a set of ultraleggera with R’s, but then I got a bike. Trying to do a trackday before winter, I’ll have to see what happens.

welocme ,finally a fast cobalt on here .dont let that stg2jesusismyhomeboy tell ya shit as he is a herb

LoL…thanks!

I can actually give you a run for your money. I won’t win, but it would be fun anyways.

I love my ultraleggera’s. What year is it? Model? The stage comment makes me think that you have an SS/TC…

Frank and I go way back. He means well…

well i dont like him .but im not jesus christ his saviour so i cant tell him shit lololol.but nice ride when ya think it will be back out

:lol

I try to be political here.

I’m thinking it’ll be back together this year. At ~500whp, it should be scootin’ pretty well down LVD this coming spring. I love the drag strip, but I’m really more about street-ability and road-course capability. I’ll probably not be able to put most of that power down at the drag strip, but mid-elevens would be ideal…

…my wife was right, I’m gonna like you, lol…

so let me get this right ,your wife likes me ? hmmmmmm how is the relationship goin ?lololololololim playin i just bust balls on here most of the time ya ever need a hand p/m me as most on here have used me for some sort of auto use whether its inspections or repairs

Inspections, lolololol, that may come in handy!

Both Katie and I bust balls constantly. That’s how I pissed Frank off at first. Don’t worry, I’m still throwing it in her on the regular, so she’s happy and our relationship is… (lolololol) solid?, lol…

hmmmmm ,is it one of those “the more the marrier ones” cause im game lololol

who wants the first reacharound …oh haiiiiiiiiiii

Oh, you don’t have to reach around, I’ll just toss it over my shoulder for ya…

It is a TC, still waiting for the stage-1. What is your handle on cobaltss?

I’m edubs on css.net, jbo, ecotecforum, eatoninside, lcn, cobaltcoupe, etc…

…don’t really spend much time on any forums anymore, but I think I’ll be on more that I’ve found a local forum that’s actually active.

Welcome to the madhouse. :lol

I used to post a shitload on cobaltss.net until I found this forum. I rarely post there now, probably a post or 2 per month.

:rofl :rofl