New Guy From Waterford...

hmmm never heard of them.

I have a tuner In Florida NY, (www.sickspeedperformance.com) He knows his shit when it comes to LSx motors…he only does LSx cars actually. Great mechanic and cheap.

New Era performance is amazing as well out in Syracuse.

I have heard of New Era … pretty reputable… but as far as I know they are in Rochester…

Tune Time Performance has been featured a bunch of times in GM High Tech Magazine… He primarily does Gm’s LSx specifically, but he also does Fords, Dodges, imports etc…

The last couple of times we were there he had a Ford Gt, 2 SRT10 Rams, viper, countless Z06’s and TBSS’s…as well as other misc cars such as trans ams, cameros, typhoon, evo’s and sti’s, etc…

yah rochester sorry…Theirs another great shop in Syracuse im thinking of, cant remember their name off the top of my head.

Not sure which one you are thinking of in Syracuse… there is RD Fabs right outside of Syracuse and a great paint/ body shop in Syracuse called Color Craft… then there is Whites that does machining and what not…

:rofl

Def. a cool car though

There’s Installations Unlimited, but I’m not too fond of them.

Lenny and Greg Smith’s shop is Kolorcraft.

We’ll see how White’s does when they get their hands on my engine, waiting on quote…

Thanks!!!

Welcome to site man,car looks good.

Looks like my block will be going directly to Darton to get the sleeves installed. Darton redesigned the ECOtec sleeves to offer a perfect fit for my engine. For those that don’t know, the ECOtec has been offered in multiple variations (L61-2.2L, LE5-2.4L, LSJ-2.0L-S/C, LNF-2.0L-T/C, etc…) and the newest Darton kit will be released in 4-5 weeks for the LSJ.

At least I will know that it will be done correctly!

Nice cant wait to see this thing make some real power

your car is gaaayyyyy!!! :tongue :hug

J/K!!! <3

I’m a little late on the welcome but you know me… so eff off! lol

when we doing pizza and movie/game night again? Ghetto-opoly? LOL

miss you guys!!

lol… keep wishing Starr… we don’t even have time to see one another lol… hopefully soon?

Placed the order w/ Darton to start making my custom sleeves yesterday. Month and a half to two months I should have it up on a dyno…

seriously no one has sleeved this block before?

There are multiple versions of this block (2 - 2.2L’s, 2 - 2.0L’s & 1 - 2.4L), race teams and GM have only ever used the L61 (2.2L) for high HP builds so that’s all that Darton carries. After mine are created, Darton will begin to carry the LSJ (my 2.0L) as a catalog part as well…

Nice, so when mine passes the 100k warranty period and explodes I can just re-sleeve the motor instead of getting rid of the car.

Essentially…

Can’t wait to see what this can do on the dyno…

Almost bought a blue SC that was for sale up at Mangino Mitsubishi for my wife but it was beat. Was a fun car to test drive though, even stock.

Took Wednesday off and drove out to the shop to drop my motor. Should be shipping out to Darton in 1.5-2 weeks…

As always, I am aware that my car is ridiculously filthy… :lol

nice ride! should be reasonably fast when ur done! good luck

Picked the motor up Saturday morning. Now I have to find time to put it in…

Just a refresher, Stock crank and rods, Diamond 9.5:1 slappers, Neutral balance shafts, ARP studs and mild valvetrain upgrade.

Sticking with the 3071 for now…