New Guy in cheektowaga

Hey everyone, Names Aaron. I am new to NYSpeed as far as posting. Ive been lurking and snagging up interior pieces. Some of you nearby have probably seen me driving around being stupid. I bought my 96 eclipse spyder gst almost 3 years ago and have spent the better part of the last 2 summers fixing all the dumb ricer/ghetto rigged shit the previous owner did and adding a few bolt ons. I know i should get some logging and fuel management first but I need something shiny and new every once in while to keep me motivated. Now that I am done paying for a wedding and school and driving back and forth from here to PA every week to see my Chick i can finally start saving up for DSMlink and turbo/fuel and other mods.

OK so here what we have

1996 White Spyder GST with 99 Engine and 2GB bumpers

Things i have added to and/or fixed because of the numb nuts before me:

Battery relocated to trunk (the lines were run ghetto and dangerously)
EGR delete (done all wrong)
99% of the interior he painted has been replaced except for the radio bezel that he painted “TURBO” on, drives me nuts.
Rewired the speakers to their own amp instead of all wired together
got rid of the strobes and wiring
repainted DS quarter panel where someone keyed the car when he had it.
replaced the majority of the evap system and still having an issue or 2 but at least now i can get it inspected.
replaced hinges and fixed the hole in the convertible top
Took apart the gauge cluster and removed what was stopping the check engine light from being visible. (im sure he did this because of the vast evap problems)
fixed indaglow gauge wiring while it was apart should have just taken them out lol
etc etc…

Mods and bolt ons

3" SS exhaust
SS headers
Enkei Rims painted white
aftermarket tail lights. I lil bit of rice but i like em
White dash cover
Fiber glass door panels ( work in progress )
gauge cluster dual pod gauges
Carbon FIber center console
SS strut bars
Enjen intake
3 1/2 inch GM maf (did this for the minor tuning ability and to vent to atm, and know people dont like venting but my wife loves it and as long as she loves me doing things to the car, the easier it is to spend money on mods lol)
Maf T
Crome UICP (had to remove the crome TB elbo to fit gm maf)
Tokico struts and lowering springs
Im sure im forgetting a couple things

Future mods, the next few months or so

All stickers and vinyls will be gone by the end of the week. (bought this car with the greddy vinyl on it and not one greddy mod on the whole damn car lol)
New Enkei emblems for the rims should be in this week and new “rivets” for the tims also.
Carbon Fiber Maf deleted intake
New Downpipe
Painted Valve cover
Fuse box relocate
FMIC
oil cooler
Powder coated cam gears. dont want performance cam gears i like my MPG where it is now lol
porting and polish both manifolds , TB and turbo housing
Carbon fiber fog light housing
Boost controller
New gauges
and a few others

Mods As soon as i can afford them:

DSMlink
pocket logger
16g turbo
650 injectors
190L walbro
Wide band
new turbo lines
SS O2 housing

So thats it. Im glad to be on NYspeed. Hoping to have some fun this summer. Let me know what you think. Im open to some suggestion especially any of them that may be mechanically inclined but if you dont like something about the appearance or you think something just isnt your style and would change it plz keep the comments to yourself. Its the way it is because thats how i like it and thats what matters to me. Thanks for looking

These pics make the car look nicer than it is. I still have a lot of cosmetic problems to fix and some general maintenance.

Welcome man :wave:

Do you live within sight of the 33? I think I’ve seen this car a few times in your driveway out of the corner of my eye while driving down the highway.

:lolsign::lolsign:Does it play the Miami Vice theme when the top goes down?

Yes I do. Its practically my front yard lol

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I wish it was the miami vice car! Then it would be a Ferrari and im ok with that lol

You live literally 2 min from my house. Pass your place all the time. Welcome to the site!

I approve of it as long as you keep dericing it too much white in that interior, but on a side note welcome!

The door panels and dash cover are going to stay. But i am thinking of some CF accents or vinyl that actually means something instead of random sponsor BS. Something subtle but enough to lessen the amount of white. Thats why I said its a “work in progress”. I have some more fiberglassing to do to the trim as well.

Welcome to the site!

Good to have another DSMer on here. Numbers have been dwindling over the years.

Oh yeah, car looks good!

ty CFhooded, you live in the area?

No hes in the northrowns, pfffafffa is around the conner from you in midland, and cfhoodeds car is a lift queen right now

I see this driving down the 33 sometimes, i would always drive towards the airport thinking “that guy must love eagles and eclipses” cause i always son one or the other in the driveway

Well I’d consider the northtowns “in the area” being that this is a statewide forum! Lol! Not like I’m in jersey!

My car just gives lifts exercise. And me too when I have to push it around.

honda4life i dont call myself a dsmer eventho i own one, i see this car all the time since i live down the street and cfhooded the car looks good.

Haha thanks. Your a handful of people who have seen it in the last three years! The dust is custom if you were wondering.

That’s nowhere near as bad as I thought that was going to look. Body looks clean, no rust. The scheme’s dated but at least the PO could spell “contrast”.

Yea bobby, that custom dust paint job is looking good lol, I saw it the other day looks awesome probably the cleanest 2g I have ever seen in my life…

420 broooooooo.

welcome.

i remember seeing it one day a few years ago and thought it was a nice looking car, i didnt realize it was as badass as it is then tho.

Thanks guys!

But back to the topic at hand!

What are the plans for the spyder?? AWD swap? Yes please!!!

420!!! GET STONED!