New guy with a car that sometimes works.

1rst gen THEN second gen :slight_smile:

That’s because you need to come out of the closet.

Welcome to the site! (and NY) Car looks nice!

Fixed*

I like the color. Hopefully you don’t do the valves and find out it was the turbz

there u go, agree

I agree that the 2nd gen is the best looking, if I was to build an all out race car it would be a 1st gen.

Thanks for the compliment on the rims, I love them. Unfortunately they are in need of some cosmetic repair after hitting some road debris on the drive from CA to SC.

And as for doing the valves and then finding out it is the turbo well that isn’t the case because I already rebuilt the turbo to find out that wasn’t it. Compression is still good so I don’t think it is rings. I have been running some cams that have more lift than my springs are rated for and I think that may have lead to premature valve guide and stem wear making the stem seals ineffective.

And one more thing are there any car club auto cross events around here or is it only SCCA? I don’t have a problem with SCCA but as far as actual competing my car was not built with SCCA rules in mind and it’s engine puts it in a class that my suspension and weight make me far from competitive in.

Make sure the spring retainers did not mash the valve seals to bits. I have seen that happen with high lift cams. not sure if that is a problem with eclipse heads or the cams you are running. Hopefully the guides and stems are in spec.

Welcome, good looking car

SCCA and Porsche Club are the only clubs that run locally them now. AMEC used to do “high” speed ones on an oval but I believe the track got recovered with dirt this past fall. Our SCCA region is pretty small so it is much more relaxed than some that you may have been to in the past.

welcome. enjoy your stay.

I like it. I enjoy the fact it’s not all riced out even more.