New guy with a car that sometimes works.

What’s up guys and girls. I’m another guy that got stationed up here at the Navy site. I should be here until August, maybe later if there are some more delays in training.

I drive a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. It is burgandy in color and currently smells of burnt oil everywhere I go. I’m hoping a fresh set of valves and guides will fix that problem but we will see.

Here are some pics of the car.

Nice GSX. Welcome to the forum! What are you here from Cali for?

Navy would be a good guess. :ponder

welcome…my sister n brother n law are home from sandiego hes on the uss sentry…nice car btw…have fun

glad to see that you made it over :slight_smile:

This is Nick not reading<-----------

Welcome to NY bud.

Thanks for the welcome guys. So far I have been enjoying NY the little bit I get to be here. Until the middle of Jan I am stationed in Groton CT and I am only spending weekends up here with my wife and daughter.

I’m not so psyched on the winter and it hasn’t even gotten cold yet. I am really looking forward to the spring and summer though. How is the autocross and drag racing scene up here?

not much autocross but theres Lebanon Valley Dragway about a half hour east of Albany and theres drag racing on Wednesday nights, Saturday mornings and Sundays.

Who says there isn’t much autocross?

Welcome to the forums.

Events are posted here often but you can also find them on www.mohud-scca.com (google if link is broken)

Not much autocross ??? Lol jellies man there is more of those than ya know of lol . The drag scene is pretty good was a rough yr in terms of late night action lol but its good

Welcome.

Car originally from Cali? You drive it here?

nice car

I just dont hear much about autocross in this area. Its either drag racing, circle track or drifting that I hear about

Yes, the car is from CA originally. I drove it from Los Angeles to Charleston last February and then from Charleston to here in October. The car is a normal DSM in that it is broken all the time but it always comes through for the long drives.

Just cause you don’t hear about something you’ve never done, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

The more you know…

The more you Kohls?

Sorry, the tv just told me that :lol

Like sex, and women pewpin? :rofl

Welcome to the new bro.

the best rims ive ever seen set on a gsx!

Best generation of Eclipse was the second gen. Welcome to Shift!