New guy with his first bike

Hello all, while I’m not new to the car scene or Albany, I am new to the world of bikes. I picked up my first bike just a few weeks ago, a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R 636. I bought this off a buddy who just purchased a new bike himself, and I’m always looking to ride with anyone.

Here’s a couple of quick shots of it.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/UpstateCivic/30707_692729357812_16114370_3876118.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/UpstateCivic/28174_690898521822_16114370_3871362.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/UpstateCivic/28174_690897583702_16114370_3871346.jpg

Very nice, and welcome.

Get your flame suit on for not picking a Ninja 250 for your first bike though. Got some professional motorcyclists up in here.:sHa_hehe:

Welcome!! :clap

Nice bike! Thinking of doing trackdays yet?? :ninja :lol

Anyway, ride safe and wear gear! :thumbup

Cute exhaust

Do yourself a favor and take the MSF course. It will teach you a lot about riding and throttle control (which will be the key with starting off on a higher power bike). Oh yea and you should talk to someone on here :ninja about powdercoating your pegs/rearsets… lol

Yeah just don’t listen to that “someone” when he tries to convince you to powercoat your foot pegs RED! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Bike looks nice. Welcome dood

Exactly… what idiot would ever powdercoat their pegs red??? :ninja lol

in all seriousness though (this is shift… this is serious). If you would like to get your pegs and rear-sets powdercoated, I only charge $50 for matte black or $75 for almost any other color. I have a whole bunch that I will be doing the weekend after next so let me know if you want to get in on it. That price includes sandblasting and coating. All I ask is that you completely disassemble the rearsets/pegs before dropping them off with me.
Just let me know.
Thanks

Kenny

welcome bro! always liked the kawi’s

Thank you. I had originally looked at smaller and older bikes, but like I said this was a friends, so I already knew the history on it and I got a deal I just couldn’t pass up.

Thanks, but no track days for me just yet! I haven’t even ventured out onto the highway yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, I think.

I definitely plan on taking the course this summer, as soon as June ends and work settles down. I’ve heard nothing but fantastic things about it.

And maybe in the fall or winter I’ll look at powdercoating the pegs. I was contemplating respraying it a black over the winter as it is.

Thanks, man.

Thank you, I do as well.

Seats do fill up quick, if you really plan on doing it I suggest you start looking into registering now.

Highway is the easiest part of riding, anyone can twist the throttle in a straightline…:lol

[quote=RocketPunch;604538]Seats do fill up quick, if you really plan on doing it I suggest you start looking into registering now.quote]

Agreed, do it now before they’re all gone. My dad’s an instructor and most classes are already full but you hopefully might get something later in the year like you wanted, but check now. Also, nice bike just wear gear and ride within your limits.

Same person who laid their bike on pavement more times than a steamroller.

That doesn’t even make sense.

Welcome.

You’ve broken more cars than an entire LeMons series but does that mean that you don’t know your automotive material or there wasn’t a damn good reason for them to break?

The times I’ve been down on my own are the times when I pushed the bikes to the limit, and a little bit further. I guess if that shows lack of skill then the Moto GP guys don’t really know how to ride either when they go down.

When it’s a fault of someone else, well then it’s the fault of someone else.

Gear up, ride safe and keep it rubber side down.

welcome!