New Here

Here’s one of my motor passes:

And a couple nitrous passes:

I have a Racetronix in there now. I just ordered the Racetronix hotwire kit, so hopefully that will help. I don’t have any problems on motor, just when the solenoids open.

I think that the 9 inch is a good call. I went with the Moser 12-bolt due to the advice of several people and now I’m wishing I hadn’t as I’ve broken it twice in a year.

There was actually a cool article in a past issue of GMHTP where they installed an S60 in one car and an M90 in another and dynoed them before and after to show the horsepower loss.

Ford 8.8 will do the deed without all the HP loss – dual walbros intank and e85 for fuel.

that things got some mph!!! nice!!

drew, take lessons from this guy!!!

Unless someone makes a bolt-on 8.8, I’ll stick with one of the current available rears, lol.

As for the E85, I’d love to after some of the cars I’ve seen online, but there’s not really many places to get it around here. Someday I hope.

Thanks, man!

I think the MPH on motor should be better, but it goes good on the spray. My best pass is to date is 11.004 @ 127.7 mph, so I just missed getting my 10 second pass (I broke the rear on the next pass). Hope to change that this year, as I want to really work on my launch. With a 127 mph and a 6-speed, I should be able to hit 10.7’s if I didn’t suck at driving :lol

I’ve only had it to the track twice with this setup so far and only sprayed it on 3 passes.

very nice, is ur 12bolt 31 or 33 spline axels? and what diff are you running? some mosers 12s hold gobs of power

33 spline axles and I was originally running an Eaton posi, but I destroyed the spider gears on a 4000 rpm motor launch :Idiots

I went with a spool, which is great at the track, but on the street it chewed up my MT drag radials to the point that they did not hook at all ever unless I did a long burnout to clean the surface up.

Then in September I blew the ring and pinion.

I ordered some 3.73’s and upgraded spider gears to rebuild the Eaton.

I hear you there, I still use the factory 10 bolt w/ 2.73’s – Shortened 31 spline 8.8 is in the works.

I have ran it exclusively since 2006 in my Z28. I switch to 93 at the end of the season to store it, but thats it. I have 2 e85 stations within 5 miles of me so I’m good there, road trips kind of suck BUT I can run 93 if I need to (HP Tuners FTW). Even being N/A, its a different machine on e85.

Sounds great! I give alot of credit to anyone who can do fabrication type work for stuff like that. Definitely beyond my capabilities.

What’s done to the Z28? What year is it?

Also, how do you like your G6 GTP? Great looking cars, but you don’t see them much.

im sure you will get that 10 second pass when you work yourself up from the baby 100 shot :wink:

My goal is to practice driving until I’m hitting 11.5’s on motor and consistent 10.9’s on the 100 shot. It will be fun to see how far I can get into the 10’s with a bigger shot though.

KrazyKid on here is working on it, I simply don’t have the time or shop space to do it myself.

1999 Z28 Convertible - cammed w/ full bolt ons (TSP 224R 112LSA), TCI Street Fighter stall, etc. Nothing too special, runs 11.9x’s

It runs pretty good, decent daily overall.

Pros:
Fairly quick(240hp/241tq) 3.9L
Comfortable
Handles well

Cons:
M6 is notchy as shit
Clutch is shot, only has 58k on it.
Brakes are inadequate and rotors warp horribly.
Open diff… WTF?

Had it since new, if I paid sticker for it I would have slit my wrists by now.

I hear you on the shop space.

Nice performance from the Z28! Convertibles are always nice, I just hate the strict safetly rules with them (although they do make sense). I had a 1996 Trans Am convertible for a while and I loved cruising with the top down when I got the chance. Sold it before I did any modifications to it though.

Do they make any mods for the G6 GTP or are you pretty much on your own there?

Lowering springs, cat back and intake are about all they make. The LZ9 was used in the 06 GTP and the 07 GT as the only manual transmission option and the 07 GXP. A variant of it (LZ8) is used in a few other larger GM cars but thats it. Not too many “performance” cars used the motor so the aftermarket sucks.

Weaksauce.

That’s too bad. I feel like the same thing happened to the FWD 5.3 liter Impala and Monte Carlo SS’s. Could have been a great daily driver/family car that could be fun and go ok in bad weather, but the lack of an aftermarket pretty much killed them.

You know it.

hmm I think I know who you are :wink: Pewterscreminmach?

use to have a silver z28, correct? Im kidcamaro98 on ls1tech.

so do you recomend a 12bolt then? lol

Haha, well I don’t have any experience with the Strange 12-bolt, but I don’t recommend the Moser. Even the torque arm bolt setup isn’t good on the Moser unit. I’ve heard good things about the M90 though.

12 bolts suck in trq arm cars . due to the loads the trq arm imposes on em . thats why i just ordered my 9in today lol

Mint! What did that run you if you don’t mind my asking? What’d you go with for bells and whistles?