New LR Defender

Says it’s “mid-sized” :face_with_monocle:

Seeing this next to the Range Rover changes how I feel about the vehicle when first seeing it. I wasn’t a huge fan before. This looks pretty good and surprisingly large.

Am I the only person who can’t stand Doug Demuro? IMO the only good thing he’s ever done was give us Tyler Hoover.

1 Like

I can’t stand him either so your not alone sir

Yeah he’s a total dork, but I can tolerate his personality as long as I’m interested in what he’s driving.

1 Like

Soon. I wanna see this in person.

Same. My wife is kinda in the market but she has her heart set on the Lyriq. Maybe seeing this in person would change her mind. The 4 door looks awesome in person.

Spotted about 5 or 6 of these at Northtown Auto on Main St in the Used car lot due to the construction project they have going on at the Volvo location. Not sure if anyone was trying to see them in person but this is where you can.

Defender pickup truck!

This V8 version of the 90 is :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just came here to post that. Looks incredible.

WTF 100k for the v8 90.

I never looked at the price to be honest. Seems a bit much.

Just released today. I was thinking 70-80.

They’re going to Bronco the Defender?

“I’m absolutely convinced Defender will become a power brand in itself,” JLR head of design Gerry McGovern told Automotive News Europe during an investor call earlier this year. Along with the longer 130 model, Land Rover is rumored to be working on a smaller “Baby Defender,” similar to Ford’s strategy with the Bronco Sport.

Holy fuck I want this. In the 90 of course. SVR.

Man, I just could not give any less fucks about Land Rovers. I’ll likely have an SUV for my towing needs for many years to come, it’s just this is probably one of the last brands I’d ever consider bringing home. Too many maintenance horror stories, despite Josh having luck with his.

It’s not so much luck as I’m willing to overlook things, investigate & solve my own problems and I’m used to the costs.

I good friend’s wife just asked me about her idea of getting a full sized (full fat as they say in the UK). I told her a full brake job is $$$, definitely lease that shit and talk to @kingsario.

There are always 1 or 2 times per year that mine gets me through a situation where any other vehicle would have left me stranded. Those are the times I remind myself it’s all worth it, lol.

I’m really interested to see what’s going to happen with the electrification of LR. And if they create more sub-brands through Defender, including electric.

1 Like

I’m good with my SUV, the two door looks like a shoe crossed with a mid 90s Tahoe, but less cool and more suburban mom latte lame.

1 Like

2 Likes