New mayor

how about all that? I hope he does well for the city. I have known Luke since I was in eighth grade. We played city league soccer together, and then we went to North Catholic. He comes from a good family of political figures, lets hope he is what this city needs

is this that 26yr old dude? if so oooboy

yep, what are your problems with him? I think its to early to judge his political career when he has only been mayor for 2 days now

just a little young to know the ropes of the city but on another hand he could be easlily influenced…aka pave Rosewell Dr

A breathe of youth is just what this city needs. I think it’s for the better. The death of Mayor O’Conner really brought the city together, now Luke needs to move it in the right direction. No question he’s qualified and knows his stuff, after all he was voted head of city council. I hope he does a good job and shows all these old heads that age doesn’t matter, maybe that’ll kick some of the younger crowd in the ass to get their shit in gear.

my dad called me and said “what the hell have you done in 25 years? hell this guy is mayor already”

best of luck and hopefully he does the burgh well.

i hope he can turn the city around. maybe a change will do the city good.

well 9yrs on a job and you almost bakrupt a city…i think he can’t do worse

I like younger political figures. I think he will have more drive than the older guys and will not mess with corruption as bad as the older guys. he is starting fresh and wants to do it right

this is weird. My dad and oconner were really good friends… as well as the rest of my family. Step mom worked for him. My dad and him were on city council for many years. So I got to know him. Great guy he will be missed.

Ravenstall I have met a couple of times. Hes really not that old. I think 26? So it will be different. Well I can only hope him the best of luck.

It helps to know the ins and outs of the job, but hopefully being a younger guy he’s probably still motivated to actually get things accomplished. And he probably thinks that you actually can change how things are done. At least until the political special interest groups, city council, and the unions start their usual BS.

Good luck to him.

maybe he will hold a keg party between heinz and pnc park, :slight_smile:

:rofl::bowrofl: :rofl::bowrofl: :rofl::bowrofl: :rofl::bowrofl:

If Luke is half the man his old man is, this city will be fine for the next three years. I just hope he is more open to the IoC slots bid and helps to keep the Penguins in town!

best of luck to him. He could be our future governor.

what the fuck you talking about willis?

I think he is confusing O’Connor with Tom Murphy.

Amen, well stated. He must have been doing something right for a group of his (elder) peers to have voted him president of city council. I say kick some ass and clean up this city! Good luck to him!!! :cool:

no such thing as a good politican, and some kid ain’t gonna know the first thing about turning this city around, just my .02

well the old heads have not been doing the best job in the past 20 years… why not give someone young a try? age means nothing, I was the youngest one hired into my group at work by like 10 years. I am the only one out of my group still employed… granted they are two different situations, but age means nothing!

this is whitey…