New Nordscheife Road-Legal Sportscars lap record by another Radical

Michael Vergers did it again! This time with the Radical SR8 LM and broken the previous lap record by a full 7 seconds with a time of just 6m48s. The 460hp 2.8L V8 Radical RS8 LM was equipped with Dunlop’s Direzza tires, which is not even R-Compound. The cars was driven to the track from Radical’s Peterborough base.

Actual Record Lap Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acSGbO0MGGI

Enjoy~

See Nordscheife lap time chart: HERE

Trip from factory to Nordscheife: HERE

Michael Verger’s 6m55s (previous record) lap video: HERE

“Simplify and add lightness” > Computer Nannying :thumbup

After two weeks, the dust has now settled on Radical’s incredible production lap record at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. With the news that German motoring magazine Sport Auto has confirmed Michael Verger’s time of 6:48, Britain’s evo magazine has released exclusive video footage of the record attempt.

Alongside stunning images from the production car lap record bid (see the latest gallery), Roger Green and Chris Rutter from evo video documented the entire trip, from Radical’s Peterborough base, the trip to Dover, the ferry crossing and arrival at the ‘Ring.

News of the record rapidly spread around the world, with coverage as far afield as the USA, Australia, Brazil and Japan. The record car is now returning to the UK, having been on display at the circuit since the day of the record.

[source: Bridgetogantry, Radical, Fastestlaps]

So when are we going to man up?

You get the radical, I get the Atom and we can hit up Nordscheife for next Octoberfast.

All the while doing SuperTrooper quotes. :lol

w00t #48 and #145 on the chart.

Not a fare race the radical will destroy the Atom 3. Try Caterham R500 vs Atom 3.

#123 for my car; Not bad for a $20k rental…:rofl

I think the chart is a little fudged. :ninja

The R34 I could’ve swore put a stomping on the 996TT around the track, hence them making the Nur spec cars to commemorate it all.

Well, the site is IMO the most accurate as a collective of lap times as you can get. Every registered lap is verifiable with a source usually either established by factory drivers, legit journalist, reputable drivers and various print media. The site is well moderated, since everyone can submit a claimed time but only the verifiable ones stays.

they make a Sr3 radical with a 1st gen Hayabusa motor that was faster around the track and the atom.

Thread updated with the actual lap record video.

Record Lap video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acSGbO0MGGI

Piece of pie. I could have done that with my blizzaks :stuck_out_tongue: