new paint on my friends ducati

Yay for freehand airbrushing.

I want to say it’s so sweet, like, “there’s a skull… WITH A MOTHAFUCKING HELMET ON”, but it just doesn’t fly. :gotme:

I keep seeing a rub-on tattoo :frowning:

Well, you posted it up looking for criticism so I’ll just say it: It looks like shit.

When custom painting a bike you should really consider the lines of the bike, make it flow. That looks like you just slapped a sticker on it. Maybe it’s just the camera, but it looks like the fairing came out a different color than the tank and tail. It’s a shame to see a nice old Italian bike desecrated like that.

My $.02. :slight_smile:

At least if the guy rides it like you say he rides he’ll be having it repainted again soon and can do it right.

Sorry but, :tdown: That airbrushing looks very amateur.

Is your friend a metalhead???

If so:carnut to the skuls

I think the skulls look like poo.

[quote=“ieatpaint315,post:14,topic:32131"”]

Any “crazy motherfucker” can ride at 150mph on these bikes, but with untouched tire strips on the sides of this bike being 3/4" tall, I’m guessing he can’t corner all that well, which is what willybeen was implying… or so I assume.

[/quote]

both tires are brand new, while it was in for paint, he got new tires put on it and it was sitting on stands.

Not on a Ducati…

meh its not my bike so i dont care what u guys say, i was even kind of sketchy about it. i wanted to see what others thought. i did notice alot of little shit that was wrong on it too. like the underside of the side plastics theres a bright red pinstripe and it fades to black but he stopped when it came to the middle piece with the headlight. u cant see it in the pics but its def noticeable. and theres bubbles in some of the decals.

gay. looks like a sticker, and not even a really good one. maybe you should follow chris’s lead and give someone some money to paint something for you bobbyg. is that a blue civic i see in the background? or is it red? oh, i’m also stickin up for the black beater, it’s a cornerstone of the hillbilly wardrobe:D

[quote=“92slowcivic,post:30,topic:32131"”]

gay. looks like a sticker, and not even a really good one. maybe you should follow chris’s lead and give someone some money to paint something for you bobbyg. is that a blue civic i see in the background? or is it red? oh, i’m also stickin up for the black beater, it’s a cornerstone of the hillbilly wardrobe:D

[/quote]

as soon as i can find all the parts i need since im rockin my car with no front signals and no corner lights. i need my crx front end to finish it off for paint.

I like the skulls and art work, but not on that bike.

Any pics of the Ducati without ferrings?