New personal best! X2!

well done, both of you (even tho drag racing is ghey hehe)!!

Thanks Gary! Hopefully next year I’ll get some more chances! I would LOVE to outdrive Emery someday!

Sure, straight line might be ghey, but it’s what we do and it’s a BLAST to keep trying to get better and faster! I’m hooked.

Shawna

great runs :tup:

Nice driving! The car looks and sounds great!

Wowzers… great #'s

thats awesome. how much do you charge for rides?

what are your guesstimations as to the power your making; 600+ area maybe?

It makes about 10.6’s in the quarter mile. We have no idea what his or her dyno’s will say and really dont care. All that matters is the score board at then end of the track.

is this the guy that was at winged warior with his wingless white evo that trapped 140? I swear it was a high 10 second pass and I know they kicked him off the track.

I still don’t understand the point of launching in first gear if you are just going to spin through the whole gear then loose a bit of time on the 1-2 shift. has anyone with this kind of power tried launching in second? just wondering.

The key is to dial the car in so it doesnt spin through first. We did get it dialed in well a little later that day. Shawna cut a 1.6xx with a little tuning.

-EM

i wasnt necessarily asking because of the “bragging rights” im just curious as to how much power is required for an evo to run mid 10s.

the hp-et/trap calculators i found online vary between ~550-650, i compared them to my car and they are fairly accurate. i was checking to see if you had a concrete number. either way its all good, nice job.

so many factors other then power… traction, temp, humidity, altitude, weight.

in reality this whole game is like comparing uncorrected dyno charts and seeing who can get the highest number on the printout. this car could run 9s at spongebob’s under the ocean downhill polar drag strip but would does that mean?

he posted his slips and a video so we know what kinda traction he had. the track is local and the date is listed on the slip, so we know the general temperature, humidity, altitude. the approximate weight of the vehicle is known given its make, model, and modifications. the only factor you listed that i didn’t know was power.

What game? The man asked for a ballpark power output of the vehicle, plain and simple. Why are you insinuating a sinister motive? Nobody wants to claim bigger numbers, we just want to know Emery thinks the car approximately makes. Why is it so hard to just answer the damn question?

hes probably somewhere in the range of 500-530 on the 112 octane