new problem

what is this : PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01870AFD
i get it when i sign on

had that problem for a while.
i sign in, it puts my name over in the left saying im on the board but , at the top right it shows no one is logged in and untill i go into forms i cant view new messages. whitey said to clear corrupt cookies , i did, no change so thats not the problem. :dunno:

i got the same shit or something similier …:dunno:…but i am on a new computer

well i used a computer in nc this weekend and no change at all so im sure the board has a bug in it now. :mrT:

then maybe you should leave!

quit your ragging already
it aint my fault you cant fiqure out whats wrong with the board :hsugh:

i have no problems! but i bet you I could fix your problem for you!

show dick how its done big boy!:smiley:

no issues here… sounds like the people with issues have corrupted files trying to access vb… tisk tisk

it does it to me all the time too. I just manually cleared all my cookies, and used the link provided in this thread. This problem seems to come and go totally at random and doesnt effect any other vb boards.

:dunno:

(not trying to bitch, just letting you all know)

dick

clear your fucking cookies and re sign in close out and come back to the pittspeed

yeah it doesn’t happy to any other vbulletin boards… hahah… if you had members access to vbulletin forum you would see that it happens like crazy!!! thats where the file came from for the fix!

if i could fix it, I would. but right now there is no fix and nobody knows why it happens

directly from the vbulletin site

#1 Jan 7th 2004, 8:06pm
Scott MacVicar
vBulletin Developer Join Date: Dec 2000

Scott’s My Cookie Script

In wake of more threads from people saying they can’t login / stay logged in i’ve made this script.

Upload this script to your main forum and send the users who are having problems to it. This should allow them to remove their cookies. It doesn’t just attempt to move them via one method but two.

It attempts to remove them via JavaScript and PHP.
Attached Files mycookies.php (3.1 KB, 839 views)

Scott MacVicar
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Scott MacVicar
Send email to Scott MacVicar
Visit Scott MacVicar’s homepage!
Find all posts by Scott MacVicar
Add Scott MacVicar to Your Buddy List

#2 Jan 8th 2004, 9:43am
wacnstac
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2000

Thanks Scott. Can you explain the reasons why people might be having these login/cookie problems when we move to the new version to a lay person like me?

#3 Jan 8th 2004, 9:48am
Scott MacVicar
vBulletin Developer Join Date: Dec 2000

Its usually because of the admin changing something.

On regular install the cookie path was / and domain was empty.

If the admin then changes it to /forums/ this will stop anyoine who’s cookkie path is / from being overwritten causing problems.

IE also gets cookie corruption where the index.dat file which holds these gets corrupted it prevents people from removing cookies apart from deleteing all cookies via Tools > Internet Options.

These cookie issues are all with Internet Explorer though.

now i changed the cookie path again… maybe this will fix it, but last time it only fixed it for a lil.

dick

i did that and more and its still fucking up.

:dunno:

not saying that other boards arent having problems, just that I havent personally experienced it with any other boards. Just trying to give all the pertinent info. :dunno:

welp its going to be a bitch but I am going to need to rebuild the board from the ground up again… fuck

he talking to me ass-much :slap:
whitey im not bitchin either,im sure you get pissed at problems.but im going to have let you know , i didnt cause them,i just told you about them.

iu get it at work but not at home, although it doesn’t let me log out at home anymore.

welp… i worked on some stuff… created a whole new board. still having issues. made some changes to the way the cookies are setup. I was suffering the same issues that everyone else was. and I fixed it for me so maybe this will help you.

First off make sure all of your Web programs are closed. I recommend restarting the computer and then start this process.

I started by going to Start -> Search

I put in pittspeed for the search phrase

this resulted in a file that had the name of this john@www.pittspeed[1].txt
You may have multiple files that look like this. The will all be located in a folder named cookies.

Delete this file.

Start your web browser, and log into pittspeed. Let me know if this helps you.