New project EF hatch

im running a internally gated and if it cracks ill get a new one.

any more progress on this?

well alot has gotten done, the tranny is bolted on thanks to innovative for my clutch and estorvito for the flywheel (thanks bro!!) all i need to do is get an alternator, dizzy, LS ECU, wire up the engine (im making my own harness), exhaust manifold and then make my own exhaust. im going to piece together a turbo kit and boost over the winter, so for now ill be n/a, but i need a car right now so i dont mind. heres a pic with the tranny on the engine.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:43,topic:32407"”]

(im making my own harness)

[/quote]

How are you going to go about this? I want to do the same thing but also just what my car running. Might be a good winter proj…

ps- looking good!

[quote=“Shrek,post:44,topic:32407"”]

How are you going to go about this? I want to do the same thing but also just what my car running. Might be a good winter proj…

ps- looking good!

[/quote]

thanks bro! well i have the harness that came with the engine, i completely cut all of the tape and plastic around the harness and im going to run each wire individually straight to the ECU. im going to start working on it tomorrow. if youd like ill make a DIY, i’ve never done it but it doesnt seem to hard.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:45,topic:32407"”]

thanks bro! well i have the harness that came with the engine, i completely cut all of the tape and plastic around the harness and im going to run each wire individually straight to the ECU. im going to start working on it tomorrow. if youd like ill make a DIY, i’ve never done it but it doesnt seem to hard.

[/quote]

Please do! Im going to try the same thing over winter. So you are going to remove the firewall plug? I want the whole harness to enter the car at one center location.

Here is what I came up with so for, This was all with out cutting anything. both sides of the ECU harness where pulled inside the car.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:45,topic:32407"”]

[/quote]

def. make that a DIY. And, if ur going through all that trouble, I better not be able to see ANY wires in the engine bay when ur done

yeah i want to eliminate the firewall plug too. i dont have the inside harness which sucks but i do have the ECU plugs. im hoping to start this tomorrow but if not im tackling it on saturday.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:47,topic:32407"”]

def. make that a DIY. And, if ur going through all that trouble, I better not be able to see ANY wires in the engine bay when ur done

[/quote]

haha maybe ill do a tuck, we’ll see.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:49,topic:32407"”]

haha maybe ill do a tuck, we’ll see.

[/quote]

if you built your own harness, and didnt do a tuck I would find you and punch you lol.

lol want my address? :stuck_out_tongue:

to boost or not to boost…

itd be pretty fucking awsome to boost so do it!

How many times have you had that motor in and out? I see the wiring fun has started!

[quote=“Shrek,post:54,topic:32407"”]

How many times have you had that motor in and out? I see the wiring fun has started!

[/quote]

only twice haha. yes it has started! hopfully i can get it done soon.

Well today i purchased a pipe bender to do the exhaust work and charge piping. Didnt get a whole lot done today but hopfully more should be accomplised tomorrow. I’m shooting for getting the exhaust done and the wiring harness done. anyway here is a shitty cell phone pic.

oh god, please dont do crush bent exhaust and IC piping. just order the mandrels…seriously

why whats wrong with the bender?

So this is the project the seats fund whent towards… nice project!

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:59,topic:32407"”]

So this is the project the seats fund whent towards… nice project!

[/quote]

haha yes it is! thanks im hoping to have it up and going within 2 weeks, but we’ll see.