New ride/impulse buy 99 Eclipse GST Spyder

thanks dude… and I gotta represent sonn lol

nice work!!! car is coming along quick

Coulda just painted the vc red lol. Looks good Dave.

Isn’t there a cover that goes over the plug wires?

Yeah, but I took it off to save a quarter pound!!! Power to weight maann!!!

jk, wouldnt look good if I just painted the cover white so I took it off.

thats too plain

Just dropped car off at capital region customs for custom Jet stream blue paint job!

Car looks good man. Any more performance plans for it?

Not sure how far youve read into but planning on 500whp by spring. Going to go with a 30r set up, still debating 3076r or the newer gtx30rs but one of the two, 280/280 cams, valvesprings, retainers, pistons/rods ext. I already have ecm link, 2,000cc injectors and an aeromotive fuel pump waiting to be installed, just waiting for car to get done with paint… Also hoping to finish awd conversion by spring as well.

Awesome, thanks for the summary as I was to lazy to read all the posts. Pretty much just picture skimmed it. Sounds fun, those are both good turbos but if I were in the market to drop some coin on a new setup I would be building a divided T4 setup with a Borg Warner EFR turbo. I got to see one in action first hand on an Evo back in CA and it was just so damn impressive how fast it spooled for a real big turbo.

Also I’m pulling some BC springs and retainers off my engine right now that might go good with your setup. I’m running the FP4R cams and they have just a little more lift than the BCs are rated for so I’m putting in Kiggly Bee Hive springs.

any news on that AWD swap? that would be the tits IMO…although idk how hard that is with your car. ik subarus are relatively easy, you gotta completely turn your engine sideways though…lol

On that car it is pretty easy, just needs the drive line, rear sub-frame, and gas tank from an AWD. Almost everything bolts up, just a few hangers to be welded.

Just get a 30r dsm housing from forced performance. Best simple bolt on solution.

awd swap is dead as of now, just focusing on building the motor and then ill do that last. As for actually doing the swap… im not positive but i think its a little harder then your saying soadweskey… pretty sure almost nothing just bolts right in lol.

I have two friends who have done it and the only welding we did was for exhaust hangers and mounting for the drive shaft carrier bearing. I think we might have drilled a few holes for the subframe but most of it mounted to where the fwd one was.

Were these swaps on convertibles or just FWDs

The one I helped the most with was a coupe, but my other friend did it on his convertable and he didn’t mention any crazy problems. The only time I saw it during construction though was when he brought it over to mine and my friends shop to weld on the hangers.

Valve cover is gonna look funny with the car being blue…IMO

Car looks good man, props !

saw this the other day at crc. looked it over and you really need to get a dump tube lol that shit is going to melt your fan wires, o2 sensor wires and whatever else is in the watesgate’s path haha