New ride/impulse buy 99 Eclipse GST Spyder

no… the blue in the red white and blue on the valve cover will be painted the same blue as the car… plus entire engine bay will have a theme to it… it will look sick.

thanks

looks like everyones seen it exept me lol… and i have the dump tube just got pissed off after not being able to clamp it on so left it off lol…

haha. well everything is covered in soot. some of the fan wiring is starting to melt already. so it would be a good idea to slap that bitch on

it didnt really bother me cuz i didnt think the oem fan would be able to stay when i put the 30r on anyway but someone said they think it would so def gonna have to put that shit on asap lol.

Ill get the dump tube on there for him. CorEy knows all about pesky little vband clamps on wastegates! LOL

There is zero room to work in the the front of the OE fan ill have to put it on the lift and do it over my head i think.

But yeah the 30R is going to change things considerably. New e-fan solution is going to be needed i bet.

I thought it was red white and green?

think in earlier thread i mentioned i was gonna change the green to blue… if not now you know lol

picture update of the paint job in progress… It’s finally blue and looking fucking sick!! Going to try and drop off my carbon fiber hood at capital region customs today so Mike can install the hood pins and shit to break up all the blue… With the convertible top, cf hood and my new black wheels that I’ll probably never get back from powdertech (its been about 2 months) I think the car is going to look amazing.

hood I ended up with… Bought a VIS, but the ones the company had in stock were damaged so I took this seibon instead. Still looks great imo
http://i42.tinypic.com/2nbek3m.jpg

These are the Enkei wheels that have been at powdertech for months now… Supposed to be geting a high gloss finish with the lip painted to match car… If they take any longer im just going to ditch the wheels all togeather and get a legit set of BBS lm’s as ive seen a couple sets on ebay with tires for under $2k. Only paid like $140 for these wheels at my store so I dont even care lol

go with them lm’s lol. Sick color btw, it’s gonna look great when its done!

I don’t think LMs would look proper on the car because of how big the wheel arches are and how sunk in the rear wheels would look just due to te Eclipse body lines. LMs would look sick on your E90 though. Fa sho.

e90 is going byebye very soon… e60 m5 FTWWW :wink:

HOLY LONG DAYNIGHTMORNING BATMAN!

Daves 2G was CLEAN when it came to me. From a distance the car originally looked great, so most people would think the re-spray was going to be a cake walk. But what most people dont see, the Durablock shows!

The Pass-side door a dent, and a ripple, few dings here and there on other panels, some dents on the fender roll-overs and some hidden surprises too. Rear bumper had a spiderweb in the paint, then as i sanded into that I hit body filler. Flipped the bumper over and discovered a crack. Who ever did the repair simple put some filler over the crack and painted the bumper! NEVER going to fly for me. I can and have many times in the past repaired the crack with fuzor and had no issues with it failing, this color, this car was NOT going to be my first! I called Dave and we got another bumper.

Every panel was blocked out, addressed and repaired. I have 60+ hours in body work alone on the car. Sat I finished all the body work, then 3 others started helping me with final prep around 9PM Sat night or so.

Eric and I cleaned the clear out of the guns at 6:30 AM Sunday morning! Bringing the labor total up to 90+ hours! Still need to re-assemble, cut, buff and polish the entire car, and do some under hood painting still.

Next time anyone questions a “high” estimate price quote for a full repsray I will knock off $500 if they come and sit in an office chair and watch us work on their car the entire time I am doing it! LOL SO many short cuts can be taken on body work by shady people, if the est for a job like this one was less than $5K I would HIGHLY question the work. The attention to detail, and thoroughness of my work I hope people will see and appreciate.

Lastly on the customer side of this job. I have to give BIG PROPS to Dave. He is a top notch customer. He knows what he wants and asks for it, puts his confidence in me and allowed me to make the judgment calls I needed to do to make the work come out RIGHT. IE the bumper. I let him know about it, and even before I could fully explain he said ill be over in an hour to give you the money for another bumper! None of that “Welllll, can you just fix it? Do you think it will be OK…” BS. he knew I wanted the car to come out perfect and wasnt fucking around cutting corners. Other than the bumper, he asked all the right questions and was flexible when he needed to be. I cant say enough about Dave, other than he is a great dude when it all boils down to it.

Enough chit chat… i gotta get a car back together!

thanks buddy! I’ll text you later, going to see if Lance can get his fathers truck so we can drop off the hood today. Cant wait to see it in person.

Spacers and a drop and I think it would look fine

thats cool! Anytime after 6:30 ill be there.

must have been a long night, the thing was still red when i was there saturday afternoon…

yep! Nothing like opening the door to your own shop, and seeing the sunrise… as you are trying to go HOME! lol

when you guys are big and famous you can hire me as a mechanic. haha

yes!!!

Sure, how is your hip thrusting abilities? We have certain songs that come on when work stops and it looks like dance dance revolution is going on. Eric was voted in highschool “most likely to hip thrust his way out of a bad situation.” So we have a lot to expect from our mechanics!