New ride: Post Evo withdrawls

Nice car, looks exactly like Mike Ferra’s. Four option car though, booo.
I can let the AC slide, but who the fawk orders an RSA and put’s the damn sunroof in it let alone a stereo :crazy

That car looks pretty whooped… I would offer the guy 5 grand for it, lol

Someone with too much $$$$$$$$$ :lol

The sub 50K BIN price is a bit high. Mike bought his, in MINT(and I don’t say that often about old P-cars) with under 30K on the clock for $38K. We drove down to see Daniel Jacobs who knew the original owner. Mike brought me to do a PPI on it for him and I took about 15 minutes on the car to find it was virtually flawless. And that 38K was after I spoke with Mike and had Dan install full monoballs in the control arms for him.

They are a relatively rare car, especially single option. I believe less than 100 of the 700 are single option and how many of those survive I can’t say. I’ve worked on two in my life

Forgot to add that that Mikes also rests on Motons

Mike Wilcox’s 996 C2 is a good car for him though. Clean, will get good MPG, and be fun to drive.

my uncle had a 1989-90 944 turbo s that he chipped. i loved that car

I think so too. I agree with many of you, there are better Porsche’s out there, but that’s not what I was looking for. I wanted one that I wouldn’t feel obligated to keep in a garage most of the year. This is my daily driver, so I looked for one that I would enjoy driving, but wouldn’t faint the first time I found a rock chip.

Let’s see some burnout videos!

Oh, and does anyone know if there is any distinguishing traits between the regular coupe and 4S? The reason I ask is because I was in the glove box Thursday and found the window sticker Langan had used, and it says it’s a C4S. I looked underneath for a drive shaft, but the whole underbody has body armor protecting it. I kept forgetting about it till now. I know Justin mentioned something about the rims being different and the transmission or such being different than the 03 Carrera coupe I was checking out before this one.

Excuse my Porsche noobness.

Cossey, thanks man. I’ll check that site out.

Hahah, yes Mike big difference. something along the lines of AWD and about $15-$20K more of a price tag :lol 996 C4S’s were also Turbo widebody, minus the Turbo drivetrain and intercooler side ducts(in the rear quarters and valance).

Let me know if you ever need body parts. I have shit kicking around the shop here. 996 Turbo front bumper too :smiley:

I knew about it being AWD and costing more, but was wondering about the physical appearance which you cleared up by saying it shared the Turbo widebody. I thought all along that I was buying a C2, but when I found that sticker I was wondering. I just sent a pic to your cell of the it. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and I would definitely be interested in some parts, specifically that Turbo bumper since I found a tiny crack on mine. Fortunately it’s in a hard to see spot, but I know it’s there now, so it’ll drive me nuts till it’s fixed.

It’s definitely a C2. Not sure why the sticker said that.