New ride: Post Evo withdrawls

Since selling my Evo IX last November, I have gone through a bit of sellers regret. Probably because I went to possibly one of the slowest vehicles made, an H2. Anyways, after a short stint driving the short bus around (it was a yellow H2), I’ve traded it in for an 04 Porsche 911.

Thanks to Justin for getting a hold of me about it, and working out the deal. I may have finally found something to help take away some of the pain from getting rid of the Evo. Oh, and since we are moving to Alabama this summer, this will probably be my daily year round. Not some garage queen.

Not trying to be an asshole its a really nice car and i wish i could afford a 911 but i do have to say im not a fan of the color it gives that car no justice

Nice pick up man, I like it

looks awesome to me. I have been in the market and searching for and 06 possibly 07 Cayman S but i’m taking my time waiting for the right one in either Carrera White, Macadamia Metallic or Aqua Blue Metallic

Have you signed up http://www.planetporsche.net/

Glad we were able to get everything squared away for you today Mike! The 04 996’s are great drivers cars for sure. What is the first mod going to be? :slight_smile:

Gorgeous car…

The only thing I don’t like is it seems very plain with the inside/outside being the same color…

If the interior was black, then we’d be talkin :excited

None the less a very nice car!

Looks great Mike! I did get your message and apologize for not calling back. Been a screwed up past 5 weeks here…

nice ride, saw this sitting out front of langan audi east? in latham

???..it was @ Langan off Central just this morning when I stopped in to chat with Adam/Aj…was waiting to be delivered…

it was at the latham store for atleast 2-3 weeks before.

much respect for what it is but i hate the 996 style with a passion. no offense.

993 tt or 1989-90 944 turbo S is where its at.

No worries everyone (who doesn’t care for it). I’m not the type to get bent out of shape because someone doesn’t like my car. I respect everyone’s opinion. I know that the color scheme is a little bland, but it suits me perfectly. I am not a flashy kind of guy.

My evo was pretty bland cosmetic wise, too. Stock appearance with the exception of the shorty antenna and window tint (didn’t get done till all the engine mods were done 2yrs after I bought it). Regardless I think we all have to agree that it’s better than the Hummer H2 no matter what model or color.

I love the Cayman, but my wife insisted that I at least have back seats in case of an emergency, so I can cram the kids back there. Haven’t been to that site, but will go now. Thanks for the link.

Justin, I can’t think you enough for working out such a great deal for me. I still can’t believe how close I was to getting that 03 with 2x as many miles for only $2k less. I owe ya one for this. Hmm, I’m not sure about first mod. I have thought about a few things already, but I think I am gonna take it easy for awhile and get to know the car. I will probably get the windows tinted though.

Actually my first mod was to remove the front license plate holder. I found some color matched plugs in the glove compartment, but there was some metal threaded pieces in the holes that the license plate holder bolts screwed into. I can’t figure out how to get them out without taking the front bumper off.

No worries man. I thought I must have pissed you off. Haven’t been able to get ya to answer calls or respond to my messages for a few months now. Justin told me you’ve been swamped 80+hr a week. I’ll catch up to ya eventually.

Were you driving up the northway around 345 today? Saw an Identical 911 when I was heading up to Toga.

seems to be in fantastic shape. congrats!

No, unfortunately I was working all day.

Welcome to the club of 996 ownership. I hope you enjoy the car, as I know I do. Also check out www.6speedonline.com as a forum. Tons of people on there with 996’s and actually a good bunch of guys.

dont get me wrong, its a fantastic car! the build quality and everything, i just dont like the 996 front lights.

+1

993 or 997 for me

964/965…best drivers 911 chassis of all time. 993’s are still too expensive, many crave them as the last of the aircooled’s and as a result they hold a high resale to this day. 997’s, well they’re a new breed of sorted 996’s but they will start floating down in price in the next couple years. I still think the 996+ generation chassis are boats, but they have their creature comforts that make up for it as a routine daily driver car. The newer Turbo’s look good, it’s the widebody thing that does it for me :slight_smile:

Honestly, the absolute best bang for the buck drivers 911 is the 1993 964 RSA single option(limited slip G50).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-964-RS-America_W0QQitemZ220398014376QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item220398014376&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318