New Rims

So after discussing wheel and tire options on here, I decided to look around on zilvia.net and came up with these. I hope to get them shipped out this week at some time. They are 17’s. Shitty offset but oh well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/koski0/rims.jpg

3 spoke… not my cup of tea, at all.

You can find those rims anywhere in Toronto. With about the same offset, if not lower.

S&H is going to be a bitch.

Are you in a rush for wheels?

All I’m saying, and I’m trying to be as polite as possible about this, is that you need to have your car slammed, with full aero and 300+ hp to take people’s attention away from those rims, to look good.

What’s with “shitty offset, but oh well”, if you’re making a purchase that large, don’t you feel that you should choose something that’s good for the car and not mediocre? I do realize that it’s hard to find good offset in 4 lug, I just don’t understand the “oh well” attitude.

Do what you like. If you enjoy the 3 spoke look go for it. I have Advan SA3s on my S14 and I love them myself. I think that’s a great choice but here’s my opinion - if you’re going to go through the trouble of ordering a rim from the US you might as well find one in proper offsets!

No no. Its a private sale off zilvia. Great deal is the reason I am doing this. $400 usd for the rims and 4 brand new Falken tires. I can suck up shipping. Its customs I am worried about. Trigger: I love those advans man. Had a choice between these and the advans but the advans were 16’s these R 17’s.

might be okay if you get good deal on shipping, watch out for customs…

if you get them for like $900 cdn or less then maybe its okay since the tires are like $400 + anyways.

but i agree with pavel, if you are going to make that large of a purchase and risk the internatioanl shipping and customs it should be for something without compromise (ie. offset & width)

should’ve have em greyhound it to buffalo

drive down there with 4 dispendable tires on steelies

bring some grease (not stuff that’s too hard to clean)

pickup the wheels at the greyhound station

immediately change the rims and then leave the old shit there

put some grease and what not on the new rims to make it look dirty

drive back

clean off grease when you get home

this way you save shipping AND customs :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this talking out of experience? :slight_smile:

Yes has this worked for u before???

Don’t see why it wouldn’t. They come with used rubber so no worries about that part.

Just bring the steelies back in the trunk, if you get searched just say they are some parts you brought with you but didn’t declare for obvious reasons. They have no proof and can’t do much to you.

i guy in kingston got caught for this, cant remember the fine or whatever, but he defintly got caught

destroy any information about the rims before going there…(or after picking them up or whatever)

YOu dont even need to make the rims look dirty. We went to tirerack in Michigan, bought wheels had them mounted and put the steelies in the trunk. Told the customs chick we bought 4 wheels for 100 and away we went, no duty, no problems.

However, If you run into someone who knows what they are doing the outcome could be different. I would leave the old wheels/tires there to be 100% sure you wont get busted.

I just saw these rims tonight and dude I love them…

I never liked the thee spokes but once I saw them on your car in person… :shock:

Thanks Adam and thanks for the great deal on the clutch…