New Shop in Amsterdam - "North East Speed Shop" open

518carscene or shift518…seems like they cover the same area.

We went with 518carscene because it was easier to give to people than http://fmcs.proboards98.com/index.cgi
which was are older than shift518 site, made mainly for the fulton-montgomery counties, but like i said we went with 518carscene.com because it was easier to say and easier for people to remember, also the forum lay out sucked and I wanted phpbb3. I already talked to Vlad about all this. If people want to sign up on our forum, awesome, if people from our forum sign up over here, awesome.

title of the thread is fixed for easier reading

thank you for fixing the title and i use to use 518carscene.com but lately ive been having an issue the page doesn’t want to load

is it me or does everything from one memeber of shift to a memeber on 518carscene cause an argument of some kind, and for once travis didnt do it :lol they both have 518 in the forum name, amsterdam is in the 518 last time i checked

No harm no foul, I know how you guys are and there is no reason we can’t worked together on some things, after all the more community gets together the merrier.

To the original poster, good luck with the shop.

Do they have a website? Any cars done? What is the experience?

im not realy sure cars they have done i kno he has some dyno sheets on the wall from some cars they have done and he said this is his first shoppe but he worked in one before seems pretty cool and like he knos his stuff and not a website that i know of but im gonn stop in monday and talk with him again and see about doing a discounted dyno run on a day and stuff

I search in vain for punctuation…

do they work with domestics?

yes they work with everything i believe i know they work with domestics cause i drive a chevy.

to the OP. best bet would be to give the owner the web address for shift and car scene.

what kind of dyno? is it booked already? lol

I’ll hop on it monday if its open.

im drunk and i still cant comprehend why you would name a site 518carscene and then get mad about it being posted on another 518 website. stop being an elitest for a single town, support the scene not just one part or go hit your head against a brick

Well for 1 most of the guys here live within 10-30 mins from amsterdam, and most people live in the Albany/Schenectady county, so saying a “more local forum” really seems pointless considering this is pretty local and most of the people on here are very local?

Im a one forum type of person, I find one forum that i like that serves the purpose i need and stick with it, jumbling between bored is a PITA… but i have no problems with another bored, as long as it helps the car scene around here grow thats the point all of us try to get accross to everyone!

but yeah hopefully this new shop is legit

Yea, but everyone typically groups amsterdam with the johnstown/gloversville area. ;p Plus the OP goes to the local night hang-out spot in Johnstown, not down to Kohl’s ;p So Johnstown/Gloversville is more local to him and his car hang-out spot than the Kohl’s lot where most of the shift members hang out at. That’s what duesmandella meant by local.

Edit: We were all just wondering why he wouldn’t inform us when he hangs out in the same exact spot as us every friday night. Thats it, lol.

Wow

That’s it. We are starting gangs, i’m working on the headband logo’s as we speak.

Too bad the lower lot crew already beat you to the gang thing

I wasnt totally in until you said headband logo’s. Now I call president or whatever gangs use as leader.

Still going on about this? The area code we are in has a 518, which would be easier for people to remember, its a car scene, i put them together and wallah, a fucking .com. I support the scene, but we don’t hall our asses out to Albany and hang out every weekend, nor do we do the same things, so our own board was what we wanted, especially when i already said that we had our own board but the domain name was terrible. Go hit your head against a oncoming amtrak ;D