New Show on SpeedTV: Forza Motorsports Showdown

http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/1271897/ForzaTeaser_728x90.gif

Click on the banner for full info.

Looks like a competition between teams in 4 disciplines: auto-x, drag, road course, and drift. Winner take all; $100K prize.

What do you think? Will the show be good? Or will it suck like Pinks?

From the commercial on tv it seems like it is just a bunch of average joes who get to drive and well it doesn’t look very good. Speed needs less filler and more race coverage. Im just sick of car shows in general I guess.

This time of year there is a decent amount of race coverage (that isn’t NASCAR), only problem is the time slots are never prime time.

From the looks of it, it seems to be a bit like PINKS in the fact they get people to bring cars (hence the teams) and compete. But unlike PINKS, there doesn’t seem to be any gay shit like “negotiations”, at least from what I can tell. I’m hoping it’s better than some of the shows Speed has been putting out so far.

Personally, I’d rather they aired some F1 or Moto GP testing, or picked up the JGTC or some other racing series instead, but that horse has been beaten to death already.

Sounds fairly interesitng, I will probably watch.

Wow, I’m still the only one to vote “No”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone catch the show? I thought it was pretty interesting and shows some potential. Thought the drifter guy will end up doing the best, but the kid in the vette will do better just because he’s in the vette.

i was watching it…the chick is hot…and pretty good too

oh sorry, can a mod move this to lifestyle and entertainment? Thanks

Worse than pinks, the editing was awful.

Totally agree, she is very hot!! I was shocked that she threw down the best time in the 1/4 mile track.

I thought that chick was nasty but the stang did better than I thought it would. Those 350Zs sucked , I went to bed when they started on the Race track.

I DVR’d it, haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. I was hoping it would turn out better than Pinks…

Definitely routing for that young kid “Jace” and Lou and his team from LG Motorsports.

Yeah, but giving him the C6 to race is kinda unfair. The vette kicks ass in all departments.

I think the drifter guy (forgot his name) is a really good driver, that’s probably why they gave him the most underpowered car.

x…

So finally watched it. Pretty decent. Cope surprised everyone on the drag strip, nobody talking about girls can’t drive after she was the only one to break into the 12s. She made a good showing on the road course too.

I don’t know what the deal is with year one. Old muscle cars prepared for the street and not the riggers of the track were a bad idea. Those two teams/drivers are doomed.

Lou Gilloti is the fucking man, /thread. If they can keep the youngster focused, they have a good shot. Cope’s mustang should do well, and I think Ken Gushi will come on strong late. He’s very good at the road course, and he will own drifting. We’ll see what happens at the auto-x

The Zs better spend their upgrades on power, they will need it.

What time is this on, sounds interesting.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/473/

good points…Gushi def needs more power…if he had some power I think he might have beat the Vette on the Road course

If the kid doesn’t win with the vette he just shouldn’t race cars anymore. Great start though running 13’s/14’s in the 1/4 mile with a c6 vette :wtf:

lol at the 350 z