NEW TO THE SR20DET, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Just bought my 200sx with sr20det
swapped out the blown garrett t25 for a t28
was idling and running with t25 at an AFR of about 15.0 which i have heard is decent/average
after i swapped to the t28 it was running like crap, and idled at about 10.0-11.0…and when i went to actually drive my car it bogged out and wanted to stall
i understand this means its running too rich, but i have no idea how to fix this problem
any suggestions? any help would be appreciated, wanna get this car going asap

make sure the rubber intake pipe leading into the turbo is not bent or kinked in any weird ways. Any restrictions in that pipe could cause the symptoms you are having.

i dont think its that, its pretty straight and i guess ‘normal looking’. any other suggestions?

Boost leak?
Gotta be a bad leak in your ic piping or vacuum lines

makes sense, i guess just playing around with the vacuum lines might be useful
thanks
if anyone else has any idea feel free to let me know

Boost leak. Check your clamps and couplers

Id lend you my boost leak tester, but you live like 1 hour 20 mins away lol

Check around to see of there are any sg Motorsport boost leak testers kicking around or any boost leak tester for that matter, you will find all your leaks in 2 minutes and problem will be fixed

They are your best friend with turbo motors lol

oh perfect, yeah i will let ya know if i need it if i dont find one
thanks a lot :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

how much do they go for new?

60 bucks lol but sg doesn’t make them anymore , I donno who sells or makes these anymore

oh okay, thanks!

use your hands and eyes and look for the coupler you failed to tighten.

you can also just make a boost leak tester. i just used a pvc pipe end cap, drilled a hole and put a valve stem in. costs like $4