New toys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/scarfa21/ds6_large_grille_off.jpg

The DS6 S3 is a versatile and compact on-wall surround speaker that is adaptable to a wide range of home theatre applications.

Surround speakers generally fall into two main types – those that one might describe as ‘normal’ speakers - so-called monopoles, where the sound comes from a set of drive units mounted on the front of the enclosure - and those that give a more diffuse sound field, such as dipoles. Each type has its advantages.

Most multi-channel music is recorded with home entertainment in mind and is generally monitored using two, three or four monopole surround speakers. This enables good location of side and rear images.

Conversely, most films are originally balanced for cinemas, where a large number of speakers spread around the auditorium are used to create the surround sound field. With more surround speakers than discrete channels of information, a less precise image is created that gives an all-enveloping effect. Dipoles, rather than monopoles are better at recreating this type of sound field in the home, while using fewer speakers to do it. Dipoles do not image as precisely as monopoles, but they can make it easier to balance the whole system for a larger listening area.

The DS6 S3 offers a choice of both monopole and dipole operation, so you may choose whichever type of operation best suits the conditions of the listening room, the size of audience and the type of programme being played. Indeed, you may use different modes for side and rear speakers, or change the characteristic for different types of programme.

An in-wall version of this speaker, CDS6 S3, is also available and is shown in the Custom Installation Series section of the web site.

So yeah i decided to get rid of my old kenwood dipole surrounds and finally get timbre matched surrounds. No my whole system is 6 series B&W speakers.

These things really wake up my whole listening experience, compared to the kenwoods these are like 10103890808022130-0-1% better.

Very nice. I had some 600S3’s for a stereo setup a while ago that were decent. Weren’t quite what I was looking for in a stereo setup though. I bet they work great for home theater, they definitely seemed analytical enough.

wow those are rare, should of kept them, not many of the 600s3s for sale anymore.

ballllaaaaaaaah

oooh i like. get them from matt?

matt?

no, i got them online.

Definitely didn’t see that one coming! I would never had guessed that they were rare. Sold 'em cheap too. At least the Regas that replaced them were extraordinary (but sold now too…d’oh).

i thought you were the person who knew matt at the speakershop. i had a convo with someone on here at some point about it. my mistake.

ive shopped there b4, but i dont know matt, lol where were u about 5 days ago when i bought this shit?

:slight_smile: