New Tundra VS. Ford and Chevy

i like how all the domestic-only guys are all about the domestic trucks without any factual argument. I can say this, since no one’s thrown in anything yet: the Tundras seem to hold their value pretty frickin’ well, from the used lots I see down here. The same can’t be said for domestic trucks of similar vintage & size.

and buickGN. apples and oranges. completely different markets, and buyers that treat them differently. sportbikes are engineered to be abused, and usually are. the typical older dude that buys harleys… not so much. good point tho, i never considered the concept of demographics in why exactly it’s so hard to find an older crotch rocket in great shape.

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:11,topic:31915"”]

no one that buys it is going to give a shit what its worth in 3 years because it will run for 15. what pisses me off is toyota thinks just cuz they got bigger this or better that makes them think that their trucks are so much better. ford chevy and dodge have been making trucks for damn near 100 years now. i think they know what they are doing with trucks. if they didnt, they wouldnt still be around.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I know i will always have an american truck. i will walk before i have to drive some Japanese hunk of shit.

in this month’s issue of Truckin’ magazine there is an article about the Toyota truck commercial where the truck pulls the train car off a cliff (btw if that thing can REALLY do that, then my truck can raise the fucking Titanic without breaking a sweat). if you watch the commercial close enough, you can see all the workers and their equipment and truck in the background that built the set. guess what? ALL THE TRUCKS ARE FORDS AND CHEVYS nice one Toyota!

[/quote]

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

you meant to tell me they faked a commercial??? How dare them!!!

ide bet 100 bucks uve never even been in a Tundra. And that right there just goes to show ur an ignorant douche.

If your the type of person who needs a truck to do truckish things a gm/ford is for you, If you are like 60% of truck owners who just want a truck and you only haul around a jetski/boat/snowmobile than a tundra would probably work out fine.

LOL at Badazz, open your eyes

[quote=“fiend540,post:23,topic:31915"”]

If your the type of person who needs a truck to do truckish things a gm/ford is for you, If you are like 60% of truck owners who just want a truck and you only haul around a jetski/boat/snowmobile than a tundra would probably work out fine.

[/quote]

what if ur the type of person who buys a huge truck and intends to do nothing but drive around with an empty bed wasting precious/expensive gasoline?

^ toyotas are still work horses, yes they dont have anything to compete with an f350 or a 2500 cummins, but in their class they win

:picard:

:LOL: at all the hate.

Tundra hate is akin to Tauras owners hating on Camrys. :sword:

Numbers don’t lie. Sales numbers…

And fucking LOL at people thinking the Tundra is LESS American then ChOrds. :grouphug:

The tactic seemed to work. Tundra sales jumped 146% last month, while sales of GM’s flagship full-size pickups — the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra — tumbled more than 20%. Sales of Ford Motor Co.'s segment-leading F-150 pickup series were flat, a hopeful sign for the beleaguered automaker.

Built in a new Toyota plant in Princeton, Indiana, with 65 percent domestic content, the Tundra showed that Toyota was serious about closing the gap on the Big Three.

must explain all that jap crap. :meh:

Your arguments of logic are wasted on the anti-japanese-truck crowd. They’re just going to get all pissed off and start rattling their cages until you give them a banana.

[quote=“ly555is,post:21,topic:31915"”]

the Tundras seem to hold their value pretty frickin’ well, from the used lots I see down here.

[/quote]

Yeah, but the market’s not saturated with them yet, either…

I don’t know how anybody can say how they will hold up yet as the damn things have only been on the road for a year or so now. :gotme: I’m sure it’s a great truck, but I think the general perception is “it’s Japanese, of course it’s good…”

God-Damnit Buck!!! Dis hea truck is da damn near best truck on da road.

[kicks rusty 1/4 panel, rust falls off…all the wheels fall off]

I will not give them the banana.

My fiance’s dad is a domestic or die type guy. It’s fairly annoying to deal with, and in my head I am just thinking, most “imports” nowadays are more domestic, than the “domestics”. But it just isn’t worth saying, because they will never understand.

Until they ride in an “jap-crap auto”, which to my knowledge, he has never done.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:30,topic:31915"”]

Your arguments of logic are wasted on the anti-japanese-truck crowd. They’re just going to get all pissed off and start rattling their cages until you give them a banana.

[/quote]

LOL,

Ibsomeonesaysthemoneygoesbacktojapan

My family drove domestics until we bought a Nissan Pathfinder in 1992.

There has not been a domestic car in the driveway since then, until he was given a free Dodge Calibur as a work vehicle…

I think that says something.

Well in the case that the tundra has better resale, why not buy a year old gm/ford for 1/3 the price of a year old tundra? Then what truck is the better deal? If I can buy 2 almost new gm/fords or one new tundra…lets see here…wait for it…wait…i’ll pay more for the Tundra ? umm hell no…and if you say reliability…for the price difference even if i blow my engine i can rebuild my 5.3 and throw down over 400hp and still have less into it then a tundra…i almost baught a dodge ram actually…they had a 06 reg. cab. short bed hemi loaded 4x4 auto for 16.5K brand new! beat that…u can’t even buy a mini truck for that price!

It’s a matter of what appeals to the market that buys it. In this situation, Toyota knows what they are doing and need to do. And are prepared to make the required changes at a faster pace than Chevy or Ford can.

Most people don’t buy trucks, or SUVs to go off-roading and haul tons of shit around.

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:36,topic:31915"”]

Well in the case that the tundra has better resale, why not buy a year old gm/ford for 1/3 the price of a year old tundra? Then what truck is the better deal? If I can buy 2 almost new gm/fords or one new tundra…lets see here…wait for it…wait…i’ll pay more for the Tundra ? umm hell no…and if you say reliability…for the price difference even if i blow my engine i can rebuild my 5.3 and throw down over 400hp and still have less into it then a tundra…i almost baught a dodge ram actually…they had a 06 reg. cab. short bed hemi loaded 4x4 auto for 16.5K brand new! beat that…u can’t even buy a mini truck for that price!

[/quote]

Finally a reasonable argument in favor of domestic trucks. Sort of, kind of exaggerated, but your heart’s in the right place. The idea is there. They depreciate faster because they’re lower quality than, say, a Tundra or a Titan. They’re a bit less reliable. But this also means you can get screaming deals on used ones, or even new ones.

i dont need to read this thread to comment intelligently.

tacoma > *

thanks, i’ll be around all weekend

My uncle is a big domestic guy. The sad part about it is that I think he agrees that the Oversees companies make great cars. He doesnt really argue with that. He is just a union guy and really is big on supporting american workers and putting ALL the money back into circulation in the US. I know he actually just bought a silverado and he said he doesnt really like it and wants to go back for a different vehicle, but it wont be an import.

He even commented on that my Xterra was a pretty nice car, but that he wont buy import.

oh and work trucks are all domestics cause theyre cheap and disposable.